MX Revolution mouse

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
They're nice and all, but anything that involves lotsa mousing would kill me on it. I like my Habu too much.

ppdes

May 16, 2004
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
On a related note, what's the best mouse out there with NO side buttons.
Why not just set the buttons to do nothing?

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: ppdes
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
On a related note, what's the best mouse out there with NO side buttons.
Why not just set the buttons to do nothing?

Ummm, because I'm an idiot and didn't know there was a way to guarantee they'd be inert. :eek:

And can it be done with standard drivers, no mouse software installed?

oogabooga

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Quasmo
Originally posted by: Anubis
i modified my G7 and took out the ball in the wheel so it free spins, pretty sweet

Damn you're a nerd.

i did the same thing with my MX510.

The difference is I did it by accident, so for awhile I was like "what the... damnit!" but I'm used to it now.

I like the VX revolution. The center click is fine to me, I love the scroll wheel. I'm going to get the MX revo when it drops some in price.

To go into free wheel mode on the VX it's the slide option thing on the bottom of the mouse. set the microgear option to the smooth circle and it'll be free, gear for the clicky scroll. (not sure if this was answered I glanced the thread but I didn't believe it was.

EKKC

Diamond Member
May 31, 2005
i got mine for free for because my mx1000 needs to be replaced and they shipped me the MX REVOLUTION

logitech support =:thumbsup:

they didnt even need my old one back. i actually didnt open the box yet and still using mx 1000 (i called them because it would charge to full and drain completely on normal usage in less than 24 hours. i just charge it whenever i don't use it now... i should open up the mx revolution)

edit: been using the VX REV though for the notebook, i love it.