muslims burn buddhist temples over insult to islam

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Well said, It is radical Muslims causing the problem but idiot leftists wont admit this

Then obviously Islam = Anarchy since the Majority can't control the Minority.

If it is the Imams that are inciting this violence then perhaps they should be held responsible.

Perhaps a few dead Imams and they might get the hint?

Apr 27, 2012
Then obviously Islam = Anarchy since the Majority can't control the Minority.

If it is the Imams that are inciting this violence then perhaps they should be held responsible.

Perhaps a few dead Imams and they might get the hint?

Not only the imams, some members are stupid as well and causing it

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I think you are both incorrect. We're not a paper tiger, but all one has to do is ask the Buddists if they feel threatened. It doesn't have to be this way, but clearly things ain't right.

I meant they're not much of a threat to the US, hence the reason we're not stomping them back to the stone age. The biggest "threat" they pose is killing some of our citizens every few years. While this should be taken seriously, America as a whole is not in any real danger from Muslim militants. It's like being bitten by a tarantula. It hurts, it should be squashed, but it can't kill you.

Now are militant Muslims a threat to their non-militant neighbors? Absolutely.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
There's irony.

I think Stalin and Mao agreed.

Not much difference between radical religiosity and radical ideology IMO. They are in most respects the same. The problem is when people who believe in something with blind faith are able to achieve power.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Got any proof to back up this claim?

90% is a over estimate, but the average literacy rate for Muslims is pathetic compared to the West.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/af.html
Afghanistan:

Literacy:
definition: age 15 and over can read and write
total population: 28.1%
male: 43.1%
female: 12.6% (2000 est.)

72% cant read or write there...Impressive.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pk.html
Pakistan:

Literacy:
total population: 54.9%
male: 68.6%
female: 40.3% (2009 est.)

Nearly 1 out of 2 Pakistani's are illiterate.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/bg.html
Bangladesh:

Literacy:
total population: 56.8%
male: 61.3%
female: 52.2% (2010 est.)

44% illiterate, this is also where the Islamists rioted and killed innocent Buddhists at.

On the other hand lets look at more moderate Muslim nations...

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/tu.html
Turkey:

Literacy:
total population: 87.4%
male: 95.3%
female: 79.6% (2004 est.)

13% illiterate..

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/sn.html
Singapore:

Literacy:
total population: 92.5%
male: 96.6%
female: 88.6% (2000 census)

8%.

A few Western nations to compare to-
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html
United States:

Literacy:
total population: 99%
male: 99%
female: 99% (2003 est.)

Germany:
99%

Italy:
98.4%

Muslim-Hicks meanwhile will continue to riot since their Imams tells them to do so, and the world will go on as usual.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
i hear equally disgusting things frm "bible belt jihadists" every day...

you should come to texas.. shit is so backwards here...

what's sad is the people with half a brain, see these things happening, realize we get propoganda just like they do, oh it's the fucking terrorists, the TERRISTS!!

man i've never seen a terrorist in my life.

and the arabs i see run stores and are more intelligent than the stupid ass hillbillies they sell gummy worms too....

that's what people don't get.. some people are like oh terrists, we dont like your culture.. lets go to war with you, and lets have sex, and we'll have a bunch of terrist babies and our cultures will mesh.. that is WHAT FUCKING HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO THAT.

good thing i'm not a racist.. lets throw a little arab into our melting pot, on average they are more intelligent than us.. so shit.. it's really a good thing.. never seen so many "backwoods justice" so short sighted in my life.. oh well, I KNOW what happens...

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
You know its kind of funny, the Muslims used to be the height of the science, medicine, astronomy, etc... learning and discoveries. They were probably THE most educated populace on the Earth and then their religious leaders really took over and the rest is history. It is the absolute best example of why religion does not ever belong in the science classroom and should be a warning to the rest of us to separate our religion from our scientific beliefs.

Where do you come up with this crap?. This narrative is often repeated to try to romanticize Islam's past - it has no basis in reality. The truth is the only periods when Muslims were leading in science was when they conquered people who were leading in science before their religion put down such blasphemous practices.

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
Where do you come up with this crap?. This narrative is often repeated to try to romanticize Islam's past - it has no basis in reality. The truth is the only periods when Muslims were leading in science was when they conquered people who were leading in science before their religion put down such blasphemous practices.
Can you point out some of these sources, pls?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Not much difference between radical religiosity and radical ideology IMO. They are in most respects the same. The problem is when people who believe in something with blind faith are able to achieve power.

Absolutely.
There's another group on both sides who pretend to have a goal or belief but afterwards it comes out that they were using it for their benefit. The old fraud Jimmy Swaggart was one, and a great many communists leaders. The latter exempt themselves from the negative effects of their policies.

This is how it always was and shall be I'm afraid.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I meant they're not much of a threat to the US, hence the reason we're not stomping them back to the stone age. The biggest "threat" they pose is killing some of our citizens every few years. While this should be taken seriously, America as a whole is not in any real danger from Muslim militants. It's like being bitten by a tarantula. It hurts, it should be squashed, but it can't kill you.

Now are militant Muslims a threat to their non-militant neighbors? Absolutely.

I think the biggest threat they pose is economic disruption.

You seem to be thinking along military lines. I'd agree with you, at least for the moment.

But if radical Islamists cause problems in oil producing nations severely curtailing production the world economy is going into a free fall. It won't matter if we are self sufficient, very few other countries would be and as has been seen with Greece and the other PIIGS trouble in some lead to economic pain for all.

Economic problems kill people too, not just war.

Fern

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004

By that logic, universities should totally accept people with stellar grades in kindergarten despite failing the rest of academics as a loser for their entry requirements.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I think the biggest threat they pose is economic disruption.

You seem to be thinking along military lines. I'd agree with you, at least for the moment.

But if radical Islamists cause problems in oil producing nations severely curtailing production the world economy is going into a free fall. It won't matter if we are self sufficient, very few other countries would be and as has been seen with Greece and the other PIIGS trouble in some lead to economic pain for all.

Economic problems kill people too, not just war.

Fern

Economic disruption of that variety goes both ways. Hard for the leadership to bask in luxury when trillions of Western dollars aren't flowing in.