Muslim friend of mine had a friend who had a dead bird put on his car.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
This guy was leaving his house to go to the red cross to help out and finds a bird on his car...and no it didn't just fall from the sky and die. grrr Cops did get involved...

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
this pisses me off on two fronts...

a.) obviously, harassment of an innocent
b.) poor birdie.... died for a redneck cause

clstrfbc

Aug 17, 2001
A dead bird? In canada?
probably kids, they could of used a cat, (bad joke, don't like cats)
A bird does not sound very serious or threating,
Was it stuck in the grill?

BlueApple

Banned
Jul 5, 2001
God? that?s so horrible! This event has shown the best, and unfortunately the shows of the population. Tell him that that doesn?t represent all humans ? the fact that he was going to the Red Cross shows that he is just as much as a patriot if not more so then the people who did that to him.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
No the bird was not stuck in the grill :) My friend is in Canada but his buddy whom it happened to I'm not sure; either eastern can or the US (he has family maryland & virginia).

A bird is not threatening. Its what is symbolizes.

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Well, you can only expect more of this type of behaviour. Frankly, whoever did that, I hope they get drafted and don't live very long. Who needs em

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
Well, on the other side of this, I just saw on the local evening news that the Muslims whom owned/ran a 7-11 in the St. louis area were finally arrested today. Begining Tuesday they were laughing, doing that "scream" thing and taunting American customers.........They were threatened on occassion of being beaten, and would always threaten to sue and that they had "Freedom of Speech"! Well, today that ended! They were apparently all arrested or detained (7 of them) by the FBI and rumor has it, they may be deported/exiled for treasonist acts!...................So yeah, it's bad both ways...........:(

mrCide

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
I'm sorry to hear that..

My dad's friend (family friend, arab (we're arab)) runs a mechanic shop down in hollywood, fl and he woke up today with all the tires on his car popped. I dunno what else because i only caught a glimpse of it on the *news*.. ugh. :(

clstrfbc

Aug 17, 2001
Seriously though,
Its very generous of your friend to offer support to the Red Cross right now,
but,
even if he was sitting at home in his living room greeving like most of America,
that doesn't give anyone the right to make lame or otherwise threats to uninvolved people.
Tell your friend that some (wish I could say more) Americans are able to seperate our feelings of anger and hatred to those
that actually were involved in this horrible incident, and do not feel that any more innocent people should be tormented.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
While I certainly don't agree with the reaction of some individuals to the Arab community, I can partly understand where they're coming from. They're acting out of fear, shock, and anger. Most of them are probably ordinary citizens like you & me.

Give them a little room for error, & keep in mind that if the situation were reversed (american terrorist(s) strike targets in arab country) any American on the street would be in serious danger of being mobbed.

Viper GTS

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
viper -

i can see where they're coming from too, and i know that the same would happen in other countries, even worse. but if we want ourselves to be better than others, then we can't allow our citizens to persecute innocents. that's just wrong.

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999

<< Give them a little room for error, & keep in mind that if the situation were reversed (american terrorist(s) strike targets in arab country) any American on the street would be in serious danger of being mobbed. >>

Right, but as a general rule americans have a little more class than some of them animals you see over in the mid-east

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

<<

<< Give them a little room for error, & keep in mind that if the situation were reversed (american terrorist(s) strike targets in arab country) any American on the street would be in serious danger of being mobbed. >>

Right, but as a general rule americans have a little more class than some of them animals you see over in the mid-east
>>

Putting a dead bird on a car is a little more classy than beating someone to death in the street.

Viper GTS

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I really just find it inexcusible. Understandable...somewhat. Excusible? Not in the least.

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Viper: you took my words out of context. I was not talking about the bird or beating people, I meant most americans have enough class and understanding not to lash out at our own people.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
So far its been peaceful here in Dearborn(large arabic community). Hope both sides keep the peace.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Driving down the street.... See car with cardboard taped to car, with message scrawled: "All Terrorists Are Satan's Soldiers!" Pull up beside him. His facial features suggest he could be Muslim. I suspect that he feels like he needed to make sure people were aware that he despises the terrorists as much as everyone else does.

I am not surprised, considering that some local Muslims and Arabs are getting threats.

OTOH, some moron painted "Capitalists got what they deserved" (can't remember exact wording) on one of the local banks. :|