Question Music On iPhone w/o iTunes?

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I have to use an iPhone for work and they lock it down pretty tight. I have to be available for calls. I walk twice a day and listen to music with Bluetooth earbuds on my personal Android phone. I am off the clock when I walk. Sometimes I don't hear my iPhone when it rings. Is there a way to put mp3s on my iPhone without using iTunes?

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I don't see "Google Music".

Not 100% sure it can cloud sync your library from a PC. I do that with iTunes Match for ~$2 / month.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I had that for a while on my PC, I thinks it's a streaming app. Not positive though.
I guess I should plug it into my personal PC and see what happens.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Musicbee is perfect for what you want to do, but should you be doing it with a work phone? That's a big no no at my job.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Probably not supposed to with the work phone. But as I said above, I can't hear work phone ring with my ear buds in listening to music on my personal phone. And If I get caught, all they'll do is say stop it.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Probably not supposed to with the work phone. But as I said above, I can't hear work phone ring with my ear buds in listening to music on my personal phone. And If I get caught, all they'll do is say stop it.
Can't you forward the calls to your personal phone? That's how I got around that issue.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Well, tried to create a folder on the phone, can't do it. Tried to drag and drop a single song on the phone, can't do it. Guessing the have it locked down.

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
Well, tried to create a folder on the phone, can't do it. Tried to drag and drop a single song on the phone, can't do it. Guessing the have it locked down.

Second the recommendation to forward your work phone to your personal phone. I do that all the time.

The Music folder isn't user accessible on iOS. So even if you got the file onto the phone (iOS 13 finally added the ability to just create folders on the device*), unless you had another app to play it, it wouldn't do you much good. Files.app will play audio and video files just fine, but it's not a player, it just brings up basic controls, plays that one file, and then that's it.

Before iOS 13, you couldn't just make a folder ON THE PHONE in the Files.app. You could do it in a cloud folder, but nothing that only utilized the phone's internal storage. Certain apps would create their own folders, and those were user-accessible, and you could dump files into them. So there was (still is, but was too) an app simply called "Local Storage" that did exactly what it said on the tin; it created a folder in the Files.app that would let you directly save files to your device's internal storage. 99% of the time, I do not need a file manager on my phone, and would not want to have to deal with my phone (or iPad) like a conventional PC. But those times that I do need/want those things, it's a real trial to work around them.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Can't you forward the calls to your personal phone? That's how I got around that issue.
Or a pair on BT headphones that can connect to two devices at once. If just walking around, the LG ones do a good job. I used them for years before I stopped using two phones.