Murder cover-up in Gitmo?

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Looks like a new report has cast serious doubt on the military's claim that three detainees committed suicide:

Link

Interview with one of the reports writers

Sounds very suspicious to me. From the article, the detainees supposedly committed suicide by:

binding his own hands and feet, stuffing cloth down his throat, and hanging himself from the metal mesh of a cell

So three people, who are in separate cells, tied their own hands together, and their own feet together, then stuffed a rag down their own throat, and then hung themselves? All while under video surveillance and guards roaming around for their own visual surveillance? And it took 2 hours to find the dead bodies?

And note that one of the three had nothing against him, and was due to be released, so at least one person wasn't guilty of any crimes. And when one body was returned to the family, US Military pathologists returned the body without certain parts:

When his body was turned over for burial, an independent medical examination was arranged which found that the heart, kidneys and throat had all been removed from his corpse. The medical examiner noted that the removal of the throat in particular was highly irregular, and made an independent assessment impossible.

So someone deliberately removed the victim's throat to prevent examination. Sound normal?

So most likely this is just another three murders to add to Bush's watch.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Nothing to see here. After the lack of punishment to those truly responsible for Abu Ghraib we should know our government cannot be trusted

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000

The problem, however, is that the Obama DOJ has been using every Bush tactic -- and inventing whole new ones -- to block the lawsuit from proceeding.
:eek:

Lots more. Seems the OP is unconcerned the Obama admin is complicit in the cover-up. What's important is that it happened under Bush.

Last edited:

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
They should have been killed on battlefield instead of coddled and given special menus and every twobit anti American slut rolling in to visit them and whine. Bush Mistake.

Agree who cares.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Some of these people were found not guilty

Like 70%?? of the people tortured and sexually assaulted in Abu Ghraib were found not guilty of any crimes and were in fact rounded up in raids on whole towns..

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
:eek:

Lots more. Seems the OP is unconcerned the Obama admin is complicit in the cover-up. What's important is that it happened under Bush.

Wrong...don't put words in my mouth. It happened under Bush, he and his admin are responsible. No one else.

If this isn't investigated, or if a cover happens under Obama, then Obama is guilty of that. He isn't involved with the actual deaths.

Three people were murdered. That's illegal no matter who is/was President.

Oct 16, 1999
Yeah, who cares, it's not like we are supposed to be any better than the folks we are fighting. We have moral authority because we have the biggest guns and are willing to fuck you up the ass with them. USA #1 Woooo!!!

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
They should have been killed on battlefield instead of coddled and given special menus and every twobit anti American slut rolling in to visit them and whine. Bush Mistake.

Agree who cares.

You, werepossum, and theflyingpig are disgusting if you honestly don't care that three human beings were possibly MURDERED while in custody.

As I noted, one was held for 5 years, and was due to be released because there was no evidence. So he was innocent, just like you three. Do you mind if you get murdered while being held for a crime you didn't commit? Police have you mistaken, lock you up, and you get murdered by the cops before they have to let you go. That OK?

So you tough guys want to explain why an innocent man was murdered? No evidence, remember? Guess that doesn't matter to y'all. Better 100 innocent Muslims get murdered rather then one US citizen gets killed?

theflyingpig

Banned
Mar 9, 2008
You, werepossum, and theflyingpig are disgusting if you honestly don't care that three human beings were possibly MURDERED while in custody.

As I noted, one was held for 5 years, and was due to be released because there was no evidence. So he was innocent, just like you three. Do you mind if you get murdered while being held for a crime you didn't commit? Police have you mistaken, lock you up, and you get murdered by the cops before they have to let you go. That OK?

So you tough guys want to explain why an innocent man was murdered? No evidence, remember? Guess that doesn't matter to y'all. Better 100 innocent Muslims get murdered rather then one US citizen gets killed?

lol. I'll say it again, just in case you didn't get it the first time: Who Cares.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Yet it is Obama's administration (under his direction) that is preventing an inquiry.

If he does not allow an investigation, he is just as responsible as Bush was.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
6a00e55367a353883401156f3f2245970b-800wi

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
lol. I'll say it again, just in case you didn't get it the first time: Who Cares.

Well, I guess you really don't care about this country, if you think innocent people can be murdered by government officials. Truth hurts, doesn't it?

You don't deserve to live here and be a citizen with that kind of attitude. :thumbsdown:

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Yet it is Obama's administration (under his direction) that is preventing an inquiry.

I believe I pointed out my rationale above. Bush is solely responsible for the action. Likewise, any cover-up or obstruction of an investigation would be Obama's fault.

Either way, murder is murder and it is illegal and needs to be punished. Do you really think murder of innocent people, especially when they are detained and under the protection of the government, is somehow OK? Or are you just throwing the Obama/democrat card to prevent having to deal with the facts?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

I believe I pointed out my rationale above. Bush is solely responsible for the action. Likewise, any cover-up or obstruction of an investigation would be Obama's fault.

Either way, murder is murder and it is illegal and needs to be punished. Do you really think murder of innocent people, especially when they are detained and under the protection of the government, is somehow OK? Or are you just throwing the Obama/democrat card to prevent having to deal with the facts?
What I desire would be the facts so an appropriate analysis/evaluation to be conducted.

If Obama does not allow for such, then the fault is as much on his head as Bush.

He did promise openess in the government, closing Gitmo, no lobbyists in government, etc.

And as a sitting US Senator, he knew what those promises were up against, but made them anyhow. (?To get elected by those that would follow him blindly?)

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Let me guess, you're "disappointed" with the Obama admin. Of course, that would require you to admit that the Obama admin is actively "obstructing" any further investigation in this by blocking the lawsuit.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

You're correct of course if innocent. But letting go does not mean innocent due to our high standards of evidence. Remember some let go committed terror afterward. It's a tough issue - but taking prisoners in general I'm against as it creates to many problems in war. If someone is shooting at you or did shoot at you (none of this dropping rifle crap) kill them. If they didnt let em be.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
I'd be surprised that there are people who support the murder of prisoners, but then I remember that they are republicans.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Any non biased links?

Remember that every time Fox is questioned as a source.

The 'who cares' attitude in this thread is disgusting. It would be bad enough if it was a guilty terrorist but we're talking about innocent people. WTF is wrong with you people?

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Any non biased links?

Maybe try reading the report? It's linked in the article. Then maybe you can comment on the facts.

The one link was an interview with one of the authors. Do have an evidence to contradict his conclusions, are you just trolling?