multi-site blogging software

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
i posted this in hear because i didn't really think it applied to any of the other software topics and the programming posters usually seem to know more about web software...mods, if it is the wrong place, sorry, move it :)

anyways, I'm looking for some open source software that would allow me to start a CMS site focused on blogging. Most of the blogging software out there is only for one blog, but what I want is for users to be able to create an account and they have their own blog, kind of like blogger or similar sites. there are some other things i want to do with it (of course, otherwise it would be just like blogger) but I mainly need CMS stuff, picture management, and internationalization. anyone know of something?

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
You start to get into the ISP management software realm. There are systems sold to ISPs, such as cpanel, that contain a lot of this functionality.

However you can get there with something like Wordpress, which can be easily installed multiple times on the same file system, and some scripting skills. I'm not personally aware of anything that is complete and open source.

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
Well, along the lines of cPanel there is ISPConfig which is free, but that's a LOT more then just a blog :)