MTR MTR MTR MTR MTR........Sing up now!!! details of date and distance to come just getting the names for now!!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MoFunk

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by: minendo
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: RaySun2Be
Conjur,
Sorry to hear that you are pulling out of the race :( and I hope that the "something big" is a good thing for you or at least works out well.

In either case, just remember you have friends here at TA, and it's you we care about, not your WU count. :)

Take care,
Rowdy Ray

(and let me know if you need to borrow my cane......;))

Oh...I could get a LOT of use out of the cane right about now...but I think I'd end up in a place where I'd be quite frightened if I dropped the soap! :Q
I'm afraid to drop the soap here at AT.:Q

Uhhhhhhhhh.:Q

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Well, I'm not pulling out of the MTR entirely, but I will be going at a significantly reduced speed.. likely in the neighborhood of 5 to 8 WUs per day. :Q

After much deliberation, I've decided to back off on the SETI project and head over to the Folding project; it should be noted that not all of my vast fleet will be going to the F@H project.. some of the machines will be sold, while others will be donated to a local Christian school. :)

Basically, I've just about reached the pinacle of advancement in the SETI ranks for a "home-based" fleet. I simply cannot afford to invest in more computing power to advance to higher levels. :( The electricity bill alone is really starting to become a pain and at this point the stats just aren't enough incentive to keep going at my current pace.

I do promise to keep at least one machine going on SETI so as to stay ahead of the TA - Romulans, but I can no longer afford to keep doing 70 WUs per day. :eek:

Don't worry, I'm not leaving or anything.. just kicking back a little.. :)

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: networkman
Well, I'm not pulling out of the MTR entirely, but I will be going at a significantly reduced speed.. likely in the neighborhood of 5 to 8 WUs per day. :Q

After much deliberation, I've decided to back off on the SETI project and head over to the Folding project; it should be noted that not all of my vast fleet will be going to the F@H project.. some of the machines will be sold, while others will be donated to a local Christian school. :)

Basically, I've just about reached the pinacle of advancement in the SETI ranks for a "home-based" fleet. I simply cannot afford to invest in more computing power to advance to higher levels. :( The electricity bill alone is really starting to become a pain and at this point the stats just aren't enough incentive to keep going at my current pace.

I do promise to keep at least one machine going on SETI so as to stay ahead of the TA - Romulans, but I can no longer afford to keep doing 70 WUs per day. :eek:

:Q :Q :( :(

At least you are staying with Team Anandtech! :D

Baldy18

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: networkman

That's ok Rich do what you have to do.

You guys can put me down for 30WU/day.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Rich: As I said in a PM to you a few days ago, I totally understand your reasoning and I support your decision. It's not fair to compete a self-funded home fleet against the masses of people (myself included) who get a majority of their production for "free". At some point you have to ask yourself if it's worth the investment for the stats and apparently you've reached that point. That you've done what you have on a home fleet is most impressive to me. Glad you're sticking around though. :D

PieDerro

Apr 19, 2000
So..... ..... .... .....

SETI Bandwidth is the best it's ever been! What better time to start an MTR!! ;)

Baldy18

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2000
Lets hurry up and get going and maybe we could do a short race to the 4th of July.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
I am ( of course, Duh! ) in!

Bring it on!

I already forsee Smokeball oweing me another lunch!! :D