MTA's New Ad Policy Encourages More Vandalism And Violence

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
What's wrong with that? Haven't you ever gotten one of those big cubes of store brand ice cream sandwiches? Get one of those things on Friday night and you're set for the weekend.

You arrogent ivory tower elitist.

I'll make an exception for ice cream sandwiches.
But the brick shaped cartons... well.. not much can be said for those.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005
Incorruptible is a hateful, angry troll. There is no straightforward way of engaging him, no possibly productive back and forth to be had, so he gets away with polluting P&N with waves and waves of crazy hate stink.

Even if that were true shouldn't you be directing this thread back on topic rather than encouraging forum misconduct? This says more about you than him, Perk.

What is left for the rest of us to do? I do not feel bad about outing him with ridicule.

Those who are not moderators have the ignore feature at their disposal. You on the other hand will have to deal with it. Kinda comes with the territory.

Feb 10, 2000
Even if that were true shouldn't you be directing this thread back on topic rather than encouraging forum misconduct? This says more about you than him, Perk.

Those who are not moderators have the ignore feature at their disposal. You on the other hand will have to deal with it. Kinda comes with the territory.

Not sure why you feel the need to be so sanctimonious, but in any case he is a mod and you are not (and Incorruptible is nothing but a phony and a troll).

With that in mind, what do we think of green tea ice cream? Admittedly it's outside the mainstream but sometimes it's nice to have a less-sweet frozen confection. Once at a sushi restaurant I was served balls of green tea ice cream in some weird rubbery coating - strange but tasty.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Two things.

I'll disregard everything so far and say that Dershowitz does have a point where the criteria for prohibiting free political speech is that someone may react violently against it. What are the standards and when do they apply? If someone decided they didn't like something and acted badly to have it removed (which given the state of mind of some people seems a possibility) that behavior has achieved it's reward by succeeding it's goals of having taken down what they oppose.

Caveat- I have not read the policy so I don't know if my concerns are addressed by it.

Second,
I like to roll my own so to speak and make sorbet and sherbet at home.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
IMG_0625.JPG

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
With that in mind, what do we think of green tea ice cream? Admittedly it's outside the mainstream but sometimes it's nice to have a less-sweet frozen confection. Once at a sushi restaurant I was served balls of green tea ice cream in some weird rubbery coating - strange but tasty.

I've never had green tea ice cream, but surprisingly Avocado Shakes at Vietnamese restaurants are actually really tasty!

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
If anything, this would be the exception that proves the rule.

How's that?

If he is trolling he broke rule 1. No infraction, so I guess he isn't.

If he isn't, then there are numerous thread derailing and off topic posts starting from post #2 on down, no infraction. You personally posted without being on topic and in a similar thread derailment matter, twice. From this, one can only assume there is no longer a rule number 1.

If this isn't the case, and there still is a rule number 1 in affect, perhaps a little maturity and integrity is in order, rather than what we have in this thread. People don't have to agree with the OP but they probably should follow the rules and post on topic with their disagreements. What we have he is breaking of rules with impunity. Unless this place is now without rules?

It really could have been as easy as going back to my fist point...

Just want some clarity as it appears that rule number 1 is finished.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
If you owned ad space you could dictate who advertised there. Simple as that.

And I don't think I've ever met a frozen confection I did not like.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

I'm tepid on green tea ice cream. But I think it's because I'm usually stuffed to the gills with Chinese food or hibachi when I eat it. I bet if I had it on an empty stomach I would like it just fine.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
How's that?

If he is trolling he broke rule 1. No infraction, so I guess he isn't.

If he isn't, then there are numerous thread derailing and off topic posts starting from post #2 on down, no infraction. You personally posted without being on topic and in a similar thread derailment matter, twice. From this, one can only assume there is no longer a rule number 1.

If this isn't the case, and there still is a rule number 1 in affect, perhaps a little maturity and integrity is in order, rather than what we have in this thread. People don't have to agree with the OP but they probably should follow the rules and post on topic with their disagreements. What we have he is breaking of rules with impunity. Unless this place is now without rules?

It really could have been as easy as going back to my fist point...

Just want some clarity as it appears that rule number 1 is finished.

Please direct any further discussion of the rules and moderator action or inaction to the sole proper venue, Moderator Discussions.

Perknose
Forum Director

Status
Not open for further replies.