MSI = worst company ever?

timmay586

Feb 14, 2005
I RMAed my defective K8N Neo2 Platinum over a month ago. They recieved it from UPS almost 3 weeks ago. MSI hasn't even tested it yet, much less shipped me a replacement. Newegg does this in a day. This is inexcusable. Since my part time job is doing Flash design at home on my computer, I'm losing money every day that I'm without it. To everyone else out there: don't buy anything from MSI, ever. Is this kind of thing typical of other companies too?

theMan

Diamond Member
Mar 17, 2005
a lon time ago, i bought a defective biostar mobo, i rma'd it and this guy came to my house 3 days later and installed a new one for me. i was like WOW!! thats awesome, but a day later it broke, and the guy came back, and did the same thing, guess what? it didnt even work at all! i said, hey, just give me back my money, and ill get something else. he said he would have to check with the company or something. after that, i didnt here a word from them for a month. it was insane, i finally got my money back and bought an aopen.

BlingBlingArsch

Golden Member
May 10, 2005
Im sry.

And what makes u think other manufacturers have a better customer service? Btw u cannot compare the manufacturer to a reseller like newegg.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
The egg has a return policy unmatched by anyone that I know of. I also have a defective msi mb, k8n neo4 plat, so I understand your frustration with rmaing it back to them. I also feel like you do and will never buy anything else made by them.

BlingBlingArsch

Golden Member
May 10, 2005
ya, but there are other ppl who have had bad exp with evga: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-16678.html

Btw: I hate Western Digital for their RMA. They got 3 years warranty and my 80gig JB had a headcrash or whatever after 2 years and 10 months, RMAd it and they sent me the dead hdd back saying that they found scratches on the surface -> improper use. Is it improper use when I carry a hdd around in my backpack? Hm, maybe for WD, but i say NO! I never signed something saying: for "in-computer-use" only..

see, service is so important for customers but....its like overclocking, for some ppl it works great, for others it doesnt, some just did it wrong. Or comparing it to women, ya shouldnt stop looking for girls, after u made bad experience nor can u RMA them..http://forum.counter-strike.de/bb/img/smilies/icon16.gif http://forum.counter-strike.de/bb/img/smilies/smiley-pillepalle.gif http://forum.counter-strike.de/bb/img/smilies/biggrin.gif

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
A little of topic, but ATI claims 80% of their returned products work perfectly, I wonder what that number is for MSI?

pulsedrive

Apr 19, 2005
*shrugs* EVERY company has people who have had bad experiences, you also have to remember that just because you know one or two people who have had bad experiences with a company, doesn't mean they aren't a good company. I personally am not a big fan of Dell because I have had very bad luck with their corporate tech support. *shrugs* I just bought an LCD from them because they were the cheapest out there..*shrugs* Which is why MOST people buy from them. Same thing applies to MSI, not the cheapest out there, but they are one of the best, and have a very good track record behind the company. You will always get a bad expereince somewhere, even the BEST tech support has goof ups, or slow downs.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: Puffnstuff
The egg has a return policy unmatched by anyone that I know of.

The egg's return policy has been going downhill. Many of their items now say "manufacturer's warranty only." If you try to do an online RMA, won't let you on those items. This includes most of the monitors, printers AND MOTHERBOARDS. Very disappointing. Some manufacturers will tell you "vendor warranty only" and tell you to take it back to the vendor.

amdnVuser

May 17, 2005
My K8N Neo2 Platinum is still chugging along (knock on wood), but I have to agree with BlingBlingArsch. It doesn't really matter who the manufacturer is these days. You're gonna get the same sh*tty service whether it's Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, etc. I don't even bother RMA'ing some stuff just b/c of the hassle (<$100, I'll just absorb it and move on).

Gerbil333

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: BlingBlingArsch
Btw: I hate Western Digital for their RMA. They got 3 years warranty and my 80gig JB had a headcrash or whatever after 2 years and 10 months, RMAd it and they sent me the dead hdd back saying that they found scratches on the surface -> improper use. Is it improper use when I carry a hdd around in my backpack? Hm, maybe for WD, but i say NO! I never signed something saying: for "in-computer-use" only..

Yeah, that would be your own fault. Don't carry bare hard drives in your backpack.

arswihart

Jul 16, 2001
Whatever, I have been saying it for a long time and I am always ignored, then I see more and more people who have gotten stuck with either defective MSI mobo's, poor update, or terrible customer service/RMA. They are absolutely to be avoided as far as I'm concerned. They pack lots of features on their boards but apparently don't have good quality control at all and their BIOS updates are always few and far between. The latter can also be said for ASUS, who I've also heard has horrible customer support. I'm sure this won't be the last time I'll make a post like this, unfortunately because everyone here just listens like a dumb mule to whatever Anand recommends, which is often MSI and ASUS.

BTW, this is one of the stupidest statement's I've ever seen:
pulsedrive said "MSI, not the cheapest out there, but they are one of the best, and have a very good track record behind the company." Thats the exact opposite of every experience I've seen.

I'm just going to quit talking, I don't think any amount of posts like mine will dissuade some of the morons on this forum from thinking MSI is a great company, I just want to help you guys out, but I think its best for me at this point if I do my best to quit caring about it at all.

teddyv

May 7, 2005
I just want to help you guys out

Which mobo manufacturers would you recommend for:

(1) excellent support - measured by response time, quality of response, ease of returning defective products, support (bios, faqs, etc.) and
(2) high quality products - measured by rarity of defects, stability, quality construction & components.

I am down to the wire between an ASUS and MSI board (939/PCIe) - lots of folks seem to like them but if you have differing opinions I'd sure like to hear them. Particularly if they refer to the most important things to my purchase - stability, support, quality & ease of setup (I won't be overclocking or playing demanding games.)

Thanks-

larry89

Feb 8, 2005
Originally posted by: teddyv
I just want to help you guys out

Which mobo manufacturers would you recommend for:

(1) excellent support - measured by response time, quality of response, ease of returning defective products, support (bios, faqs, etc.) and
(2) high quality products - measured by rarity of defects, stability, quality construction & components.

I am down to the wire between an ASUS and MSI board (939/PCIe) - lots of folks seem to like them but if you have differing opinions I'd sure like to hear them. Particularly if they refer to the most important things to my purchase - stability, support, quality & ease of setup (I won't be overclocking or playing demanding games.)

Thanks-

asus probably...