MSI K8N Neo platinum weird problem?

Laymen

Dec 23, 2002
Hiya,

been running prime stable with this mobo before at 219FSB and 11 multi with 1:1 mem divider. I ran before at 241FSB and a 10x multi but with 166 mem divider and that would not give me the same speed that other setting at 219 and higher multi gave me. So I thought why not tweak it a little further and I tried setting the multi to 10.5 and FSB to 240 for an overclock of 2520Mhz but after reboot my pc would not post, I could not even get into bios. After I resetted CMOS everything went to hell and I can't get my same overclocks no more that ran 100% stable before. When I now set FSB at 219 and multi of 11 pifast and other programs just give me errors, sometimes it won't even get into windows. I ask myself, what has changed, I dotted down all bios settings and replaced all of them the way they were before. Nothing changed as far as settings are concerned but no matter what I do I cannot get the same results I had before????

I do wonder how some people can get up to 270FSB on this motherboard while mine won't even get over 245. Is this just a crappy mobo or what? I also ran 100% stable at a clockspeed of 2450 with default CPU voltage of 1.475V and after that CMOS reset the highest I can go now is 2367Mhz???

Should I just throw this POS mobo out the window and get a better one or what, if you have some suggestions on how to fix this mess I am in you'r more than welcome. What is a very good socket 754 mobo that can easily get the high FSB's not unlike this MSI which caps at 244. I was think about a DFI LANParty UT nF3 250Gb but am a bit stumped as to all settings that can be made there, you've got more mem settings in that bios then I ever seen in any other bios, more than half the stuff I don't even know:LOL: Would that DFI board work with my mushkin memory and will I be able to overclock my 3400+ to atleast 2500Mhz with that board??

My hardware is following,

AMD 3400+ Clawhammer C0 stepping
Mushkin PC3200 special 222 perf black BH-6
XP-120@H1 Panaflo
PC power and cooling TURBO-COOL® 510@650W peak
MSI POS K8N neo platinum

Alot of questions I know but if you can respond to any of them would help me out alot.