MSI K8N Diamond: No more than 230htt?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sYbb

Mar 11, 2007
I have tried the HTT-Multi 4x know as you said myocardia, but the system didn't boot either ...
I'm seriously thinking about selling the MSI ...

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Try a different BIOS.
My K8N SLI Platinum had no problem with hitting 260MHz FSB. Then I updated the BIOS to give me more voltage options, and I hit a limit at 240MHz. Since the old BIOS had worked fine at higher frequencies with all the same voltages, I suggest changing your BIOS, possibly to an older version, or a newer one if available, and playing around like that.

avi85

Apr 24, 2006
Originally posted by: avi85
Originally posted by: myocardia
And lastly, MSI motherboards absolutely hate USB mice/motherboards. Were you aware of that? You'll probably want to get yourself a PS/2 adapter, if you have either.

Can you tell me more about this, or provide a link?

?

tvdang7

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2005
too lay to read all the other posts but its a known problem with the k8n's with winchester's i know i used to have that combo. i got up to 230ish in bios from then i had to use clockgen to take it the rest of the way. good luck.

sYbb

Mar 11, 2007
can you recommend me any other motherboard - doesn't have to be an an sli-board - with good overclocking features?