MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G and no game

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I ordered the video card from Amazon a month ago. There was a promotion for a $10 rebate. I clipped and sent in the UPC. The other promotion was a free game code for The Witcher 3. Before the card shipped I called to confirm I would be receiving the game code. When I received the card there was no game code. I contacted Amazon again. The rep said I should have gotten the game code and would correct the mistake.

A month later I still had not received the game code. Once again I contacted Amazon. I was now told that they could not send the game code separately. I would have to send back the card and they would send back a new card with the game code. I told them I thought that was a waste of resources when they could just send me the game code in an e-mail. I was then offered a refund of close to $37. Of course I took the refund. I'm not stupid. Just seems not the best way to do business. I do like how painless it is to do business with Amazon, but sometimes they are a head scratcher.

Techhog

Platinum Member
Sep 11, 2013
When I bought the card from Newegg, they emailed me the code. You might want to check emails related to that order.

scott14522

Nov 15, 2009
I got a 970 from Amazon last month, and they emailed me the code about 10 days after delivery.

edit: You might want to search your email for "Your Amazon.com Promotional Code" that was the subject on the email that I got from them.

Last edited:

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I got a 970 from Amazon last month, and they emailed me the code about 10 days after delivery.

edit: You might want to search your email for "Your Amazon.com Promotional Code" that was the subject on the email that I got from them.

Nope. I never received a code. As I said above, they wouldn't give me that option. I'll take the cash though. That makes my uber quiet 970 ~$300. Gotta love it! :cool:

Leyawiin

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2008
Free game codes are the bane of my existence. Its almost never a game I want and if you have to return an item most e-tailers (Newegg, I'm looking at you) won't refund the promotion and hit you with a full price deduction for the game from the video card's price.