Question MSI Afterburner may be dead [overclock3d.net]

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
Sad news, but understandable. I've used Afterburner for 10+ years and will continue using it but at some point it will stop working on new cards.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Couldn't MSI pay using some form of crypto? Or is that still illegal in Russia? Anyway, don't want to make this about politics, I just hope that some solution can be found. MSI afterburner is a great utility, and it is amazing how well it works on so many various cards.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
MSI would be knowingly bypassing sanctions?
Nothing to do with sanctions. MSI still operates in Russia as of 9 Jan 2023 (search for "MSI" in the link below), which means they have absolutely no problem handling said financial transactions.

So how is it they couldn't pay Unwinder a whole year but now when there's public heat, they're suddenly working quickly to resolve it?

MSI was ripping Unwinder off under the guise of "war", plain and simple. It wouldn't be the first time he got ripped off (see eVGA precision).

Last edited:

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
Couldn't MSI pay using some form of crypto? Or is that still illegal in Russia? Anyway, don't want to make this about politics, I just hope that some solution can be found. MSI afterburner is a great utility, and it is amazing how well it works on so many various cards.

Seriously, this is what BitCoin was made for. Drop some anonymous crypto that can't be traced back to the company into a new wallet that no one has ever seen before and let normal people get on with life.