MSI 6600GT + Hitachi 42" PD5200 HDTV. Is 1024x768 all I can get?

bojaka

Mar 7, 2001
I've been doing some extensive searching on the internet on some help configuring this setup for the optimal resolution, but without any success :'(

I know my TV is capable of displaying an image of 1024x1024 active pixels, but is there any way at all to reach that resolution with help of some custom timings?

I'v managed to set the display settings to lower than 1024x768 and get an awful image and I have managed to set the display settings to higher than 1024x768, but then having to settle with a scrolling desktop :(

I want the highest possible resolution without scrolling, but no "fippeling" with the custom timings seam to work. Ether I get the scrolling or else I get a black "Signal out of range" images :(

I'm connecting my computer to my Plasma via DVI-DVI on the RGB1-channel...
My TV-manual states it can do 1980x1080 at 60hz (33,75 horizontal kHz and 74,25 vertical MHz)
The signal is called 1080i/60 and should be run via a menu setting in the TV called DVI-STB (Which I don't know what it mean and that doesn't give me anything other than a black screen).
It also says EIA-861, but no signal in any "signalmodificationprogram" such as nVidia's own drivers or PowerStrip that is called that is working...

I really have no clue what I'm doing wrong and would really love for someone to help me with some info so I can get this setup running higher that 1024x768.

Hopefull regards // BoJaKa