MS Office XP Keyboard

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pulpp

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001

<< Wow! I like it... maybe its finally time to ditch this $5 4 year old POS keyboard. How much is it gonna cost? >>

kami i have no clue on the pricing, they will annouce it during Office XP launch then officially start selling it in september.

check this article activewin

i would guess in the 40-50ish range...

yellowperil

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2000
I don't like the elongated space bars on MS keyboards. Too much surface area to push down (I'm lazy). I put my MS Internet Keyboard away and got an IBM because of that.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Wow, pretty nice... but i like the natural keyboards. If they come out with one of those then i'll definitely pick one up.

johneetrash

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
thats one big delete key

as for cut/copy/paste/back/forward/scroll... EWW

are u too lazy to do ctrl + c/v/x ?? id seem more of a hassle to me... and jeez for back/forward just hit alt+left arrow/right arrow! and scroll on the keyboard... you trying to scroll downt he page twice as fast using keyboard and mouse? lol

<< its probably gona be either PS/2 or USB, but i like that huge scroll wheel and copy/cut/paste/redo/undo bottons man >>

Its all about speed on the keyboard. And haveing thoes buttons way out of range of where your hand sits on the home row is a rather bad idea.
But I guess if you don't use normal keyboard shortcuts then its cool for you.

But then again, if you don't use hot keys, then, you have a lot to learn and probably deserve to give M$ your money.

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
i think its pretty nice but they could have made those new buttons and scroll wheel on the left a little smaller

do you think the arm rest is detachable??
it doesnt look like it unless that whole grey thing comes off??

Elledan

Banned
Jul 24, 2000
One word: Yuck...

After experiencing the degradation of the keyboard my brother uses (an MS one, with the internet buttons) and the mouse (MS Intellimouse) in a matter of months, I'm still happy with my $7 keyboard and $5 mouse.
The only name on them is 'China' ;)

I'll never buy any hardware from MS for this reason. Maybe Logitech sometimes when I need a good mouse, but after my experiences with MS hardware, I won't waste money on it.