MS Office XP Keyboard

pulpp

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001
it looks great, and actually useful, supposed to be out in september or something, i think i will be getting one

pic linky

Ewh, all thoes buttons.
How many serial port and how much desktop area ( in ft sq) does that take up? ;)

pulpp

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001

<< Ewh, all thoes buttons.
How many serial port and how much desktop area ( in ft sq) does that take up? ;)
>>

its probably gona be either PS/2 or USB, but i like that huge scroll wheel and copy/cut/paste/redo/undo bottons man :)

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
is that a scroll wheel on the keyboard?

I'VE BEEN WANTING ONE OF THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pulpp

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001

<< is that a scroll wheel on the keyboard?

I'VE BEEN WANTING ONE OF THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>

yessssss that big black thing on the left is a scroll wheel, i been wanting a scroll wheel on the keyboard too!! :)

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Wow! I like it... maybe its finally time to ditch this $5 4 year old POS keyboard. How much is it gonna cost?

Cooltech2k

Banned
Feb 9, 2001
I Think it would be great if they got rid of the extra strips of cral across the top, &amp; leftside/bottom...

Oh Wait than it would be just like my logitech...

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
I want one with the space between the hands.... and more conservative use of precious desk space.

Argo

Lifer
Apr 8, 2000
What's up with that F lock button? If it is what I think it is, it should be pretty convinient. Will save me 3 keystrock :)

bigbootydaddy

Banned
Sep 14, 2000
F LOCK will lock the fkeys,such as f1, f2, etc, cuz if you look, they have replaced it with cntl commands.

alot of keys have migrated, look where insert is.., and the added undo redo, but im sure that wont work in quake 3.

FatAlbo

Golden Member
May 11, 2000
I'm sorry, but I have to make an argument against the &quot;actually useful&quot; nature of this keyboard. Why does Microsoft insist on adding keyboard &quot;innovations&quot; with each (significantly) new version of Windows? They did it with Windows 95 and they added those Windows keys. I think that has been the worst &quot;innovation&quot; to keyboards because they just shrink the spacebar and move the Ctrl and Alt keys further apart. Are those damn things really necessary since most people use the mouse anyway? Now they feel the need to add even more useless keys--Undo &amp; Redo keys!?!? Come on! Isn't it easier to just hit Ctrl+Z or Ctrl+Y rather than lift your hand off the keyboard to reach for those damn keys? On the bright side, they got rid of one Windows key from the right side of the spacebar.

Okay, end of my rant. My bad. :eek:

kag

Golden Member
May 21, 2001
www.boloxe.com
Some of the buttons are useful while some others seem useless

I like the second backspace button, the cut copy paste buttons, and the back and forward.. but the first 8 buttons at the top are kinda useless

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Speaking of keyboards does anyone know of one thats backlit thats not $400 for hospitols and labs?

BTW I still have a nice old IBM WITHOUT windows keys.. I love this thing :)