MS Defender finds Trojan called...

Nov 26, 2005
Just updated MS Defender through Windows update and ran a scan on both rigs and it found the same Trojan through backed up files called Multiverze in CapFrameX 1.7.1 portable zip

Untitled.jpg

Stay diligent my friends

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I downloaded the portable version from their site and uploaded to virustotal. I also scanned locally with malwarebytes and it didn't complain. With only 3 hits in VT perhaps it's a false positive? Maybe contact the vendor with the VT results and upload it to a malware vendor or two for a more thorough examination.

To be clear I wouldn't roll the dice by using the app. That's something you need to decide. Just yesterday I uploaded an image viewer I've used for years to VT and it it got three hits. I'm avoiding the app for the time being but I think it's a false positive.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2005
Yes more than likely a false positive but the function to record gameplay is a slippery slope as it can be used maliciously if remotely accessed. All backups of that file are gone. Let me add that I also have the portable versions of 1.7.0 and 1.6.9 of CapFrameX and Windows Defender didn't find anything, so there's that :T

Reactions: balloonshark