MP3 Converter Online Free, links?

Heiseniceberg

Aug 27, 2023
What is a good online free MP3 converter to use on video files to separate audio from video then send to my MP3 player? (I do already have a play list in spot.) Any links?, thank you.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
How would you expect the service to "send to my MP3 player"?
How would the service get the video? You already have a copy locally that you'd upload to the site?

Seems a bit too niche, I'd just DIY on a local computer with a video editor app, which I'd expect is where the audio file has to be anyway to use USB to upload to the MP3 player? That should also save time and bandwidth.

Otherwise, could just use a more capable audio player (or phone) that can play video then if you only want to listen, are not obligated to watch the video too.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Jist download mkvtoolnix to extract audio, then convert to mp3 with Lame. Obviously if the souce is something your mp3 player can handle, no need to convert.

Last edited:

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ Or it can be done with a single app, like load it in Avidemux (freeware), set the audio output encoder and bitrate (or just leave it on the default "copy" if already the encoder and bitrate you want), then click "Audio", "Save Audio".

Edit: Some may be confused by the various Avidemux files available. I always update to the latest nightly and don't need quicktime support, so on x64 windows, right now it's this revision: https://avidemux.org/nightly/win64/avidemux_2.8.2 r230924_win64.exe

If doing hardware accelerated video conversions rather than audio extraction with Avidemux, and using nVidia's NVENC, you may also want a reasonably recent video card driver. Certain revisions of Avidemux definitely can't use NVENC with much older drivers. IDK about AMD drivers but possibly a similar situation.

Last edited:

Mantrid-Drone

Mar 15, 2014
VLC (VideoLAN) can convert/extract MP3 from a MP4 original: Media Tab > Convert/Save and then selecting the output as Audio MP3 from the menu.

Weirdly though it doesn't change the file extension from MP4 so you have to change that manually afterwards as that might be an issue with some playback devices.

Personally I prefer to use an old video downloader/editing tool like those others here have mentioned. They usually have multiple conversion format options and a purposed designed conversion GUI.

The one I use is no longer updated/supported and has certain minor issues but includes a play option which allows you to run the original alongside the conversion both for audio and video comparison. I find that useful sometimes.