Mozilla forums are still down

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Hmmm looks like it's some kind of ICANN thing. Every now and then they send emails and you have to verify your registrant info. I get those now and then for my domains. It has to be valid (ex: your real physical address). I always hated that rule since it means I have to pay for whois privacy for each domain. But looks like they either didn't click the link to verify, or they used the wrong info. Whoops! Hopefully for their sake, that does not end up leading to them losing the domain. Not sure how that works if you don't take action. 2 days seems like a long time for them not to notice though, not a good sign for them.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Lol I remember that. They ended up sueing the person who got it (though they ended up settling and dropping the suit but he lost the domain). I think that's BS. If that was you or me who lost our domain, it would be tough luck, but because they are a big corporation they then have more power.

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Just tried it and it is still down. They sure need a really good forum administrator over there.