Moving? USPS Change Address Online, $30 off $250 Sears, 10% off Best Buy, 10% off Lowe's, 10% off Home Depot

sk3tch

Mar 14, 2003
I changed my address online, cost is $1, and at the end you get a coupon for $30 off $250 on every Sears Appliance and Electronics purchase (expires 10/31/2003 for me), plus 10% off one-way Penske moving truck rental AND 10% off Lowe's in the mail when you get the confirmation letter from the USPS. :)

https://moversguide.usps.com/

Ya just don't get that sweet deal if you mail in the postcard. lol

Here are the deals I'm talking about (no these are not the actual coupons, you have to go through the change address process to get the "real" coupons):

SEARS
PENSKE

EDIT: see my latest post - rec'd 10% off Best Buy, 10% Home Depot, among others!

RDMustang1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2001
I believe the movers guide available at the post office has 10% off home depot purchases or something like that.. I could be WAY off base but I think that's where we got ours. It also includes a change of address form.

sk3tch

Mar 14, 2003
Yeah, you can't change addy online unless you use a credit card that matches A) the new address or B) your old address - so it is relatively "practical joke" free. You would find it easier to do it via the physical forms at the post office instead. :)

wabbiter

Nov 15, 1999
Let me tell you that filling out the online form is NOT your best bet sometimes. When I moved down a few blocks to a new apartment, the mailman (locally) didn't even get the change of address, because it was on the same route ... fortunately for me he noticed that I moved, and I was able to give him a form personally. I would never use the online form EVER AGAIN. I tried it twice with no results on different moves, one out of the area. It will NOT catch local mail (ie from your landlord to yourselves).

weepul

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2000
www.hd-trailers.net
for me, i moved from 1 apt to another in the same building. the mailman just dumps my mail (from #203 to #301). didnt bother changing @ PO.

however, the ppl living in #301 before did and they got a 10% lowes coupon.

//krunk (^_^x)

sk3tch

Mar 14, 2003
Both my girlfriend and I used this service online and it worked GREAT - we received the Sears coupon when we initially set it up and then in the mail we got a 10% off Lowe's Hardware - even though we live in MN and the closest one is Fargo! :)

I highly recommend doing this online...no reason not to.

sk3tch

Mar 14, 2003
Deal keeps getting better! :)

Just got another confirmation from USPS that contained 10% off Home Depot, 10% off Best Buy, among various other coupons - HOT! :)

jbwhite99

Sep 26, 2001
I'd consider it a hot deal just to get my mail after I last moved - the post office wrote "vacant" on my box and returned all of my mail - it took a 3rd change of address to get it to stick! Maybe I should ask Lowes, etc for a coupon the second time around...

dirtrat

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Great Post, this got my address changed for $1 and saved me $30.00 on something I was going to buy at Sears anyway. The coupon is now valid until the end of November. Could I print this coupon and use it twice? I need to buy 2 items that are over $250.00.

*UPDATE* I bought a washing machine and Refrigerator at Sears today and they were seperate purchases. They allowed me to use the coupon twice, once for each purchase so it saved me $60.00. Also they have free delivery after rebate now. Pretty good deal and the second item was tagged on to the first purchase so I only have to send for one rebate. The second item was really free delivery, no rebate involved.

Originally posted by: sk3tch
I changed my address online, cost is $1, and at the end you get a coupon for $30 off $250 on every Sears Appliance and Electronics purchase (expires 10/31/2003 for me), plus 10% off one-way Penske moving truck rental AND 10% off Lowe's in the mail when you get the confirmation letter from the USPS. :)

https://moversguide.usps.com/

Ya just don't get that sweet deal if you mail in the postcard. lol

Here are the deals I'm talking about (no these are not the actual coupons, you have to go through the change address process to get the "real" coupons):

SEARS
PENSKE

EDIT: see my latest post - rec'd 10% off Best Buy, 10% Home Depot, among others!

:D