Moving back to the United States

lucas122478

Mar 22, 2008
Okay, i've been sitting in the Philippines for the past 6 years. Great parts are not easy to come by and when they do; their prices are so inflated you don't buy them to begin with.

I should be back with the family in tow towards the end of October, 2014. I am so busy with pulling in as much cash as possible this year - I really just don't have the time or energy to dig around looking at what is available and what is looming over the horizon. Plus each generation just seems to become more and more complicated and it is getting harder for me to comprehend it all. maybe it is just old age.

Now for the setup I am looking for. There is no budget requirements whatsoever. The best of the best or rather the best bang for the buck. If the top-end offers an insignificant increase over the next one down. Then obviously I do not want to spend $1000+ for something I can get for 700+

I will be using this computer for video editing, programming, graphic design, gaming and media purposes. Pretty much darn thing everything rolled into one.

So what do I do? Do I wait for a haswell refresh and go with x99 DDR4? Do i get 2x GT790s or will there be 890s by then? The whole nine yard guys. Chassis, CPU, MB, RAM, GPU, PS, Keyboard, mice, etc. Let me see your dream machines for the 3rd quarter of 2014. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

THRiLL KiLL

Nov 18, 2010
right now its to early to tell if its worth the money to buy a new system.

I am currently on an overclocked icore7 920.

performance wise i am about 10% slower then current gen. (however power usage i am miles behind)

I can not justify spending $800 for such a little gain.