Movies that really are racist?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kntx

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2000
Dirty Harry

I saw this for the first time a year ago. Crazy racist.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
It seems that most people have the wrong definition for racist.

90% of these responses are about racial stereotypes... not racism.

Black people eating watermelon, latinos having low riders, asians eating egg rolls are all stereotypes... not racism.

Racism means you think a race is inferior.

There is nothing wrong with watermelon, low riders or egg rolls... :)

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
While not outright racist, Blackhawk Down portrayed black Somalis as alien "others" and often little better than savages.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
I am telling you, those cars with the "negro dialect" were portrayed very negatively in Transformers 2.

Maybe not racist - As that term gets thrown around a lot when it doesn't apply, but very stereotypical and probably offensive to some.

To use the term "racism" you must be asserting that one race is superior to another. It would be pretty hard to accomplish that in a movie.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Any blaxploitation flick. Barry Gordy's the last dragon and Black Belt Jones are my personal favorites, and are actually quite watchable movies.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Jar Jar Binks. I'm certainly not getting my panties in a knot about it but you asked :)

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
original star wars trilogy. those movies are about how the white man keeps the brother man down, even in a galaxy far, far away. check it: you got farm boy luke skywalker, nazi poster boy, blond hair, blue eyes. and then you got darth vader, the blackest brother in the galaxy, nubian god! now... vader, he's a spiritual brother, y'know, down with the force and all that. then skywalker gets his hands on a light saber and the boy decides he's gonna run the universe; gets a whole clan of whites together. and they go and bust up vader's hood, the death star. now what do you call that? gentrification! they gon' drive out the black element to make the galaxy quote, unquote, safe for white folks. and jedi's the most insulting installment because vader's beautiful black visage is sullied when he pulls off his mask to reveal a feeble, crusty, old white man! they tryin' to tell us that deep inside we all wants to be white!

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Family Guy (Black to the Future)

/thread

Last edited: