Movies? So you want movies?

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
I figure I would one-up freedomsbeat and post my own independent film.

This short film was made about a year ago for a school assignment... all the setup that you need is that it is a satirical film of a modern day issue (very satirical). It's starring me and a bunch of friends (including a prominent AT staff member's younger brother)... all the filming and post was done by myself. It took about 6 hours to film broken up over 2 days, plus about half a week in editing.

This version has been compressed down to 50.5 Megs, as opposed to the original 1.5 GB DVI format. Everybody needs to thank Minendo for the hosting as well.

Enjoy!

*And yes, I know I misspelled theives (should be thieves) in one of the slides, but it's a little late for that :p *

RIAAlity

Edit: It's ~7 mins in length.

Edit: If for some reason you need the codec, get it here apple.com/quicktime (thanks M4H)

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Feel free to comment on it too... even though it's a year old. The lot of us plan on making more (this isn't the first one)

KristopherKubicki

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
Ah yes, my little brother's acting debut. Im going to sticky this until he gets famous and lands a movie deal at WB. Or 24 hours, whatever happens first.

Kristopher

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: KristopherKubicki
Ah yes, my little brother's acting debut. Im going to sticky this until he gets famous and lands a movie deal at WB. Or 24 hours, whatever happens first.

Kristopher

LOL...thanks sir!

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
quite a cool video, needs more blood ;) lot of bullets and guns, but barely any blood!!

PCMarine

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
That's pretty good work for a student film. There are a few issues / inconsistancies, but a good job none the less.

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
btw whats that soundtrack theme at the end,
i know i've heard that tune in loads of other movies, things like requiem for a dream etc

PowerMac4Ever

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Ken is very lucky that Jon was in our graduating class. He was probably the best actor in our high school lol

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
I'll look like a prick for saying this, but WTF is this thread stickied?! I liked the movie but i see no good reason why this should be stickied, there are too many stickied threads as it is IMHO.

I did read the thread. It was indirectly posed as a question to Kristopher, but also to see if I was the only one who thought that.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: RaynorWolfcastle
I'll look like a prick for saying this, but WTF is this thread stickied?! I liked the movie but i see no good reason why this should be stickied, there are too many stickied threads as it is IMHO.

Read the thread and you will get your answer. By the way, I agree with you.

Jan 31, 2002

I did read the thread. It was indirectly posed as a question to Kristopher, but also to see if I was the only one who thought that.

Yeah, you're the only one. :D

If he ever gets in trouble, he can bribe the Mods with review goodies like P4EEs and M11-equipped notebooks.

- M4H

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: minendo

Read the thread and you will get your answer. By the way, I agree with you.

so do i.

well if you know the right people, you can get a lot of dumb stuff done for you!

ajpa123

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2003
Hey MacBaine,
Nice Job! I agree on the more blood thing, but your point was well-made.
So you filmed it, so we never got to see your face huh ?

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Originally posted by: ajpa123
Hey MacBaine,
Nice Job! I agree on the more blood thing, but your point was well-made.
So you filmed it, so we never got to see your face huh ?

Although I've been told I look different now, if you find any of the party pics posted on the boards in the last few months, you may be able to pick me out of one scene, although I did it against my will.