Movie that was similar to The Matrix

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HombrePequeno

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
I would say 13th Floor and probably eXistenZ. I don't think Equilibrium is that similar. Dark City is slightly similar but still pretty far off.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: HombrePequeno
I would say 13th Floor and probably eXistenZ. I don't think Equilibrium is that similar. Dark City is slightly similar but still pretty far off.

Not really... Dark City is about a guy who is trapped in an artificial system that he learns to manipulate better than the people who created it. In many respects it is "The Matrix"

13th Floor was a movie about people living in a computer program, unaware that they are in a program. Then they figure it out...

When I first saw The Matrix I thought it was a very cool blend of the best parts of both movies with some new ideas thrown in. But it was far from original. I always looked at it as grabbing the best ideas from a few other films (and the bible - no denying Neo as a Jesus figure) and mashing them all together into a special effects extravaganza we'd never seen before.

fire400

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2005
You're probably going to say this one sucked, but here it goes, The One with Jet Li.

Most Hollywood movies this champion has starred in sucked. His Chinese-made movies, now that's something else...