mouse slowing down when plugging iphone in computer

joms

Oct 10, 2015
My Logitech G500s mouse suddenly slows down and acts sluggishly when I connect my iphone to my computer (via USB cable). I am on Windows 8.1. My Logitech setpoint driver version is 5.50.98. I try to up the sensitivity by pressing a button in my mouse but the feel is just not the same (very different). It becomes fast again but the feel is just not right. I tried updating drives without success.

The thing is, this also happens in my computer office (windows 10, logitech G5, updated setpoint driver, i7, asus mboard 16gb ram, etc). Not only that but it also happens in my parent's computer.

When I remove the iphone from the computer, it doesn't go back to making my mouse fast again. I need to reboot the computer for me to get the original feel of my mouse back.

This makes me not like to plug in my iphone for charging whenever i play games because it messes up the "feel"of the mouse (having a somewhat different speed and sluggishness which I can't fix with the mouse settings. It's just not the same).

Anyone knows how I can solve this?

Z15CAM

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2010
www.flickr.com
I take it your mouse is also USB (Not PS2) - You may have to use a different USB Driver for your MB.

What do you see in Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers when this happens?

Last edited:

joms

Oct 10, 2015
Yes it is USB and not PS2. How do I use a different USB driver for my Motherboard? Can you give me specific steps on how to do this?

My computer:

CPU = Interl i7-3820
Motherboard = Asus Sabertooth X79 (Bios 4502)
RAM = Corsair 16GB
Note: No overclocking done. All basic setup.
OS = home: Windows 8.1 Pro (updated) / Office = Windows 10 Pro
Antivirus = Kaspersky (turning this off doesn't help)