Mouse is freezing, display is going off and turning on after 2 secs

Arko

Aug 15, 2016
I urgently need help as I'm not understanding what to do at all.

This problem has just started tonight and all I know of what all I did was
1. I resetted firefox and used adwclear etc files to clean all ads. After that I installed mostly IObit apps like advanced systemcare, IObit malware defender etc. applications and I also did all kinds of cleaning of whatever the application had suggested to me.
2. I also used Driver Booster and update many drivers as per the application.
3. I also installed Android Studio and jdk, I made changes to environment variables for java installation, at first the java was working but android studio wasn't supporting, then I looked up video online and made changes to jdk environment variables setup again and then the jdk+android studio problems got resolved. (I've no idea if this is anyhow related to my current problem)
4. Lastly, a week back my computer's power button suddenly stopped working, I'd to unplug and keep it completely off for a day and only then it started. This might be some indication of some previous problem but I don't know what exactly and with these number of programs I installed, what is causing this I don't know.

And this problem didn't start immediately, it started after around 2-3 hours after all these installations and while I was working on android studio. I restarted my pc, and after 30-45 minutes problem again came, and now I'm continuously doing this restarting thing to avoid, but just cannot resolve.

I've listed each and every thing I did today in hopes of someone pointing out where can the fault be, please help me, I'm a newbie in all this so whatever information you need to help me, please beside them tell me how to retrieve those information from my pc. I want to repair it before it completely freezes or something major happens.

All details about pc I can give is it is a Lenovo C340 all-in-one pc. Along with this is an another problem which if possible please tell what to do, my cd drive doesn't work, is there any way I can check that whether there's any software problem or I'll have to get the entire disk replaced.

PS: I did all these points I wrote in laptop too, except the Android Studio, jdk installation part. But laptop currently isn't facing any problem!

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
4. Lastly, a week back my computer's power button suddenly stopped working, I'd to unplug and keep it completely off for a day and only then it started. This might be some indication of some previous problem but I don't know what exactly and with these number of programs I installed, what is causi

That could indicate a PSU problem, in a traditional desktop PC, having to unplug the PSU before it would start up again. In an AIO, not sure. Certainly, though, you might have issues sourcing a replacement with an AIO though.