Mount & Blade: Warband

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
It's some fun gameplay. I love riding around and slashing people in the head. The game lacked a lot of polish, but it got the gameplay right for the most part and was a lot of fun.

I hope they continue to build upon that and keep improving the brand. I'll try to get this one when it goes on a sale or something, too much else to play right now to get something new.

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
486 dx4 100 oc'ed 120mhz on 40mhz bus from 33
PCI motherboard 256k cache
256mb ram
8meg Matrox millineum II pci card
4 2.1gb hard drives

I can't say I have ever seen a 486 with that much RAM. I wouldn't think that a MB that supported a 486 would also support 256MB of RAM. My Pentium only had 8MB, and was only compatible up to 32MB. (I liked the ET6000 more than the more expensive Matrox Millineum II, but to each his own.)

I have to say that this game is addicting. I actually feel like skipping working out to play, but I won't do that. I might cut it short though, lol.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I can't say I have ever seen a 486 with that much RAM. I wouldn't think that a MB that supported a 486 would also support 256MB of RAM. My Pentium only had 8MB, and was only compatible up to 32MB. (I liked the ET6000 more than the more expensive Matrox Millineum II, but to each his own.)

I have to say that this game is addicting. I actually feel like skipping working out to play, but I won't do that. I might cut it short though, lol.

It can't :) its more tongue in cheek then anything else.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
My hope is that the Dev will merge with a larger company (Please not EA) to pump a ton of money into it and make it something Amazing!

As much as I would love to see them have more resources to pump into this game I think for them to merge with someone would probably do more harm than good in the long run. I fear someone like EA or similar. Best thing is for them to build up on their own.

We players can help them grow and improve by spreading the word about M&B and letting people know what the game is all about and how much fun it can be. This would translate to sales which in turn would help build the company. So tell your friends and your favorite game reviewer about M&B Warband and ask them to check it out.

This is just my own opinion. :)

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
As much as I would love to see them have more resources to pump into this game I think for them to merge with someone would probably do more harm than good in the long run. I fear someone like EA or similar. Best thing is for them to build up on their own.

We players can help them grow and improve by spreading the word about M&B and letting people know what the game is all about and how much fun it can be. This would translate to sales which in turn would help build the company. So tell your friends and your favorite game reviewer about M&B Warband and ask them to check it out.

This is just my own opinion. :)

I agree with you. This game is already pretty well polished, especially compared to my first game by this company (Europa Universalis). They are obviously already getting better at polishing out the complex games they produced, and I am sure they will continue to get better.

The Graphics aren't that great, but aren't horrible. Slightly worse than Oblivion, but acceptable. The sound is also subpar, but not horrible by any means. The gameplay is very intricate and complex, yet very engaging and fun. This last part is what I love about this game, and I am happy to have games that are like this, since most are very simple to help in development, and help players get into it faster.

I tried sieging my first castle by myself yesterday. I had convinced one other noble to help me, but he never actually helped. I ended up losing the siege (since the castle army outnumbered me 2 to 1) but I managed to kill off 84 of his troops compaired to losing 61 of mine. I now need to go back and get my friends from prison at the castle, since I was relying on some of them for bonuses.

minmaster

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2006
wait, is this a stand alone or expansion?
i played a lot of the first one, but a lot of things about the AI made me frustrated.
sieges were a joke... i had my battle sizer set to a high # and i was often just taking down a whole castle on my own with arrows (enabled seige warchest). also stupid AIs waste days setting up seige and at first sign of enemy passing by, they abandon everything, chase them then come back then start all over again, wasting the days setting up continuously.
have they addressed the seige in any way?

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
wait, is this a stand alone or expansion?
i played a lot of the first one, but a lot of things about the AI made me frustrated.
sieges were a joke... i had my battle sizer set to a high # and i was often just taking down a whole castle on my own with arrows (enabled seige warchest). also stupid AIs waste days setting up seige and at first sign of enemy passing by, they abandon everything, chase them then come back then start all over again, wasting the days setting up continuously.
have they addressed the seige in any way?

This is a standalone game. Never played the first one, so can't compare the two. The AI seems to be able to seige properly, as I took a town and 3 castles earlier by joining seiges already in process. (they don't seem to chase people around the seige camp, plus the seige continues if you leave, as long as you come back before the day is over). However, there does not seem to be a way of starting your own seige and getting other nobels to help. This is a problem on the forums as well, so maybe it is something that will get addressed in a future patch.