Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord new siege trailer

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg

I've been patiently waiting for this game ever since I read it was in development back in 2012/2013. I guess there's been some recent activity this year with development with the game including a 40 minute demo at E3 earlier and they just released a 6ish minute video showcasing some new features during sieges. It looks like they actually listened to us when they were asking for input four years ago.

I don't like building hype, but damnit I want this game to release!

Also, Mount & Blade: Warband was recently released for consoles, so now even the console crowd can feel the power of 60 Swadian Knights or 70 Nord Huscarls.

WhiteNoise

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2016
Hmmm I just bought warband yesterday as I had not played since the original M&B. It is such a fantastic game. The only thing that holds it back slightly is the outdated visuals but gameplay makes up for it. This looks impressive!

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Just the sheer amount of things you're able to accomplish in Warband sets everything else to the wayside. I just hope they keep that aspect alive in Bannerlord.

richierich1212

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2002
Ah good ol M&B. Glad to see they are releasing a new game. I spent hundreds of hours playing the cRPG mod several years ago.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
I just recently stopped playing that game. It's always fun. Also, most people never realized how deep the campaign was. It's not like it was Skyrim or anything, but people never realized you could marry, build armies and your own unique kingdom.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Mount & Blade: Warband was already purchased by me in '12, but I never had time to play it, so never installed it.
Heck, I had no idea you could any of the stuff mizzou said.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
That's not even close to what you can do in that game. It's insane the amount of polished content the game has to offer. Every faction has their top-tier units to which you can pretty much take a whole army of just those units and steamroll the entire map. There's nothing that says "This is my territory" like running down three peasant farmers with 90 Swadian Knights or looting a village with 100ish Nord Huscarls.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Fixed that for ya.
only took me 4 hours of trying every obscure suggestion to actually get it to load....another resounding ea success story!

175,000+ in game though so it must be doing something right

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Not necessarily doing it right. It's a highly anticipated game with a massive following.

That being said, I could barely contain my excitement that it's actually out for testing and I almost broke my own rule and bought it. I am definitely going to buy it when it releases and I might still grab it now on sale, but I won't be playing it until it's fully released and several months have passed.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
such a broken mess, some people play for hours non stop, for me it pukes trying to save/load

Printed Circuit Bro

Jan 21, 2020
Bought it last night but only had time to play through some of the combat tutorials. So far, loving the spear and shield. Those headshots at spear's range are where it's at! Can't wait to spend more and more of my free time becoming an overtly beloved leader while behind the scenes carefully manipulating and controlling the seedy underbelly of crime mwuahahaaaaa!! :innocent:

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
I haven't been able to get past the initial loading screen, don't even get to see the main menu before crashing. All the official and unofficial fixes have failed to make a difference so I will just wait.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Once i fixed the controlled folder issue it works fine...has been running all day without any errors

/single player, havent tried multiplayer