Question Motherboard killing gpu’s?

beetlejuicetv

Jan 18, 2019
Hello, so I recently bought a 2080 TI, it lasted approx 2 days before one day I turn the computer on and bam the pc won’t recognize it as anything but a generic video card tried installing new drivers, ddu and moving pci slots, So I had to RMA it. The manufacturer received it and said it was bad, A couple weeks later I received a second and it worked great for about three days... I upgraded my ram and Went from 16 to 32 GB And the next day it started artifacting slightly when I would boot it up “static bands moving across screen” and during pub G gaming sessions “ light and dark flickers all over” and every couple minutes BAM game just disappears and I have to restart.
so after massive trouble shooting, replaced ram/HDD/pci slots/ drivers/ fresh installs/ temps/ removed overclocks/ checked voltage with hw monitor...
determined that the card was bad because I put it in my nephews pc and it artifacted during gameplay.
I put a 2070 in my PC that has always worked before And I’m getting the weird boot static bands intermittently...like every third boot. But no issues whatsoever during gameplay.
The question is do you think it could be my motherboard causing the static bands and possibly hurting the video cards ? I really have no way of testing it so I’m lost
The static bands are not nearly as bad with the 1070
9800x
Rog rampage vi apex
970 evo 500gb sli
Corsair 32gb rgb pro 3000mhz
1200w thermaltake ps
EVGA 280cc aio

Attachments

• 8A2348FC-354B-44CC-BFDE-ED83DC0508E7.jpeg
    8A2348FC-354B-44CC-BFDE-ED83DC0508E7.jpeg
    710.6 KB · Views: 9
  • E5AE397A-3174-4960-B087-42BF2A8DD346.jpeg
    E5AE397A-3174-4960-B087-42BF2A8DD346.jpeg
    679.8 KB · Views: 8

Furious_Styles

Jan 17, 2019
If it's not the monitor it probably is the motherboard. You've eliminated the possibility of it being the GPU and seems like you've tested lots of other components and they're all good. Sorry to see you've spent all this money on the high-end products and just got unlucky.

beetlejuicetv

Jan 18, 2019
The problem is, if it is the monitor it’s so intermittent that if I rma the monitor they probably deem it is good and send it back. I do have two monitors plugged in right now but I can’t seem to get the problem to repeat...It’s too damn random

beetlejuicetv

Jan 18, 2019
I just bought a brand new cable because my old one went out last week , but I bought it from a small shop that had no name brand or any information for it, as we speak I ordered a new one from Amazon. I will see if that makes any difference I sure hope that’s the problem

Furious_Styles

Jan 17, 2019
I just bought a brand new cable because my old one went out last week , but I bought it from a small shop that had no name brand or any information for it, as we speak I ordered a new one from Amazon. I will see if that makes any difference I sure hope that’s the problem

I hope that does it. I'm guessing you have disconnected the second monitor and tried to replicate the problem on both individually?

beetlejuicetv

Jan 18, 2019
I have done that but I can’t get it to repeat on the second one, but the second one does not have a display port it only has HDMI.
The banding completely stops the moment windows fully loads. Which gives me doubts that is the monitor