Question motherboard features wish list

loninappleton

Jan 22, 2019
After seeing some of the techtubers like Tech Yes City for a while I'm wondering if all the featrures I would want are on one motherboard.

The short list for this would be:

Xeon CPU
Easy push button CMOS reset
Triple channel DDR3 memory ready
M.2 ready

I haven't made enough notes during youtubes which fly by pretty fast.

loninappleton

Jan 22, 2019
Thanks for the the alert. I see my question is moved and will watch for any replies here.

Am I watching to get email alerts for replies? Please point the way to that feature.

loninappleton

Jan 22, 2019
Another thing on my want list is a socketed BIOS chip.
Talk was elsewhere that they are all socketed after such and such time. Not here.
Mine is solderend in.

I saw a great youtube on flashing BIOS chips that includes the process of removing
a soldered-in one. The guy was using a USB EEPROM burner. Was a great lesson for me
but it might be too nerve- wracking to do if you have only one chance at it.

Still, I thought the youtube was exceptional:

1548286689041.png

This is my printscreen. I couldn't edit it out but it shows the youtuber links to all
the stuff needed to do one of those EPROM burn jobs.

>>> It leads me to my next question: Where is the .BIN file of the PC BIOS and how can
I identify it? It was one thing missing from the how-to above.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Probably in the minority but VRM and/or chipset water blocks out of the box. I have a couple of Z87 boards where this was a big plus, especially with OC'ing. I don't think they're needed anymore because of the die shrinks and power saving features but it was still a nice option to have. Then again, OC'ing is basically even more of a niche practice than it ever was.