Mother tries to see enlisted daughter in Iraq - Has not seen her in Three years

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
What was her daughter doing for 2 years before Iraq that she couldn't see her mom?

Mom Vainly Tries to See U.S. Iraq Soldier Daughter

Anabel Valencia said she had informed U.S. military officials that she would be at the gates of the base at noon to see 24-year-old Giselle. She arrived only to discover that her daughter had been sent on a mission to Baghdad.

"I have not seen her in three years, I don't know why they are doing this," said Valencia, standing outside a sprawling U.S. military base in Saddam Hussein's hometown.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
What was her daughter doing for 2 years before Iraq that she couldn't see her mom?

Mom Vainly Tries to See U.S. Iraq Soldier Daughter

Anabel Valencia said she had informed U.S. military officials that she would be at the gates of the base at noon to see 24-year-old Giselle. She arrived only to discover that her daughter had been sent on a mission to Baghdad.

"I have not seen her in three years, I don't know why they are doing this," said Valencia, standing outside a sprawling U.S. military base in Saddam Hussein's hometown.

probably in Kuwait, or perhaps another foreign base [Japan, Germany, Britian] before being sent to Iraq.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
I have not seen her in three years, I don't know why they are doing this...

Who is "they"? I'm sure her daughter gets plenty of leave time to visit her mother if she so wishes. It's not the military's responsibility to plan family reunions..........

miguel

Nov 2, 2001
My god. Is this really a story? Where's the details? Where did her beloved daughter go on her leaves?

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
My goodness... are people really incapable of taking personal responsibility for their lives?

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001

rolleye.gif

According to Reuters, this lady is a peace activist.

How much you wanna bet she was the one who called the press and invited them along for some pictures of her "Kodak Moment" in front of the gate waiting for her daugter?

Your daughter signed up for the military you dumb b!tch, she's out doing her duty!

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: gsaldivar
rolleye.gif

According to Reuters, this lady is a peace activist.

How much you wanna bet she was the one who called the press and invited them along for some pictures of her "Kodak Moment" in front of the gate waiting for her daugter?

Your daughter signed up for the military you dumb b!tch, she's out doing her duty!

Maybe that's why her daughter has blown off mommie dearest for three years
rolleye.gif

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
The woman must think her daughter has some sort of RIGHTS in the military. The Army is her mother, father, and sister.

Demonstrating against the war is a good idea but this was a cockamamy stunt if I've ever seen one. Another nebbish squashed by the military industrial complex. :)

On the other hand, the American military seems to be doing a better job of destroying any hope of Iraq turning the corner than all the anti-war protestors combined. The American soldier is probably the best weapon on the side of the anti-war forces. From this one article alone, and there are many similar tales, the grunts look like the Uncle Sam the world loves to hate.

Imagine what the world would be like without American chutzpah and stupidity....

-Robert