Mother has 12 yr old son arrested for opening

SirChadwick

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
COLUMBIA, S.C. - A fed-up mother had her 12-year-old son arrested for allegedly rummaging through his great-grandmother's things and playing with his Christmas present early.

The mother called police Sunday after learning her son had disobeyed orders and repeatedly taken a Game Boy from its hiding place at his great-grandmother's house next door and played it. He was arrested on petty larceny charges, taken to the police station in handcuffs and held until his mother picked him up after church.

"My grandmother went out of her way to lay away a toy and paid on this thing for months," said the boy's mother, Brandi Ervin. "It was only to teach my son a lesson. He's been going through life doing things ... and getting away with it."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16064380/&GT1=8816

Thoughts on this?

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
She said he faces an expulsion hearing at his school Wednesday. Rock Hill Police Capt. Mark Bollinger said the boy took a swing at a police officer assigned to the school last month.
I think this is relevant. Context can help.

sonoma1993

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
I listening to radio on my way home from school today. They were talking about this. They mention the boy had add, adhd or somethen like that. I think arresting the boy over opening his Christmas present is a little extreme.

Tobolo

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
It had a lot more to do with his attitude and past history than one present. He has been in trouble numerous time and tried to punch a police officer previously.

It kids like this when I remeber why spanking your children is such a wonderful idea.

sonoma1993

Diamond Member
May 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Tobolo
It had a lot more to do with his attitude and past history than one present. He has been in trouble numerous time and tried to punch a police officer previously.

It kids like this when I remeber why spanking your children is such a wonderful idea.

i agree, but the way society is now, you can't even spank your kid. If you do, there a chance you get charge with child abuse.