Most ridiculous week of NFL games ever?

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
- Philly losing on a 62 yard field goal.
- Joey Harrington going 33-62 for 404 yards.
- Pit / Atl shootout... Vick throwing 4 TD's, most in his career. Ward with 3 TD's. Steelers throwing for almost 450 yards.
- Oakland, worst team in the league, blowing out Arizona.
- Houston, almost as bad, blowing out Jacksonville.

Man... what a week!

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Originally posted by: 2Xtreme21
- Pit / Atl shootout... Vick throwing 4 TD's, most in his career. Ward with 3 TD's. Steelers

Yeah, if only Pittsburgh could somehow find a way to stop turning the ball over inside their own 30 they'd easily be on pace for a repeat...

I think the most impressive thing about the game was how Charlie Batch came in and their offense didn't skip a beat - 2 passing TDs to follow Roethlisberger's 3

Was a shame to see such a score fest ended on a field goal, I almost think sudden death should only be determined by TDs, but that's just me. I guess I prefer the college method but even then I don't think that solution is perfect.

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
It was pretty crazy.

But, according to schedule, the Lions lost. :D So it wasn't COMPLETELY out of whack.

RedCOMET

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2002
Originally posted by: bunnyfubbles
Originally posted by: 2Xtreme21
- Pit / Atl shootout... Vick throwing 4 TD's, most in his career. Ward with 3 TD's. Steelers

Yeah, if only Pittsburgh could somehow find a way to stop turning the ball over inside their own 30 they'd easily be on pace for a repeat...

I think the most impressive thing about the game was how Charlie Batch came in and their offense didn't skip a beat - 2 passing TDs to follow Roethlisberger's 3

Was a shame to see such a score fest ended on a field goal, I almost think sudden death should only be determined by TDs, but that's just me. I guess I prefer the college method but even then I don't think that solution is perfect.

That was a crazy game. I think the college OT system is really good, however, I feel that for the NFL they should do one 15 min. OT period and what ever the score is after the 15 period is the score, so ties would be allowed. I wouldn't be opposed to having a OT pd that was less then 15 min, anywhere between 5-10 minutes would be good.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
What about Seattle losing to the Vikings and Hasselbeck getting seriously injured?

BTW, what the hell happened to Seattle's defense? Last year they were pretty solid, plus we signed Julian Peterson and have Hamlin back. Giving up over 300 yards, 31 points, and 6.5 yards a carry! WTF!?