Discussion most flavorable chili peppers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
habenero is really the only option here...because it's the one with an actual flavor beyond hot (or without the hot: wax)
I enjoyed Habenero Hot Sauce and I just found out there is Chocolate variety as well.

Man I wish I was was able to grow a garden, I would be growing some really exotic chilies, well for the US anyway.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Two small chiles that I love...but are difficult to find unless you grow your own are pequins and chiltepins. Both are WAY hotter than jalapenos or serranos, yet not nuclear hot, are wonderful fresh or dried, yet they're very eatable. The first time I had pequins, I was working with a crew of Mexican laborers. They had a baggie full of them...and offered me some. When I asked what they were, they said "Mexican candy." I knew I was in for some heat...and razzing...so I ate a couple...then asked for more. OMFG! Good stuff.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
No one has any rare chili peppers to talk about? For some reason when I do a search for rarest peppers I keep getting lists of ones that are the hottest and already well known.