Mortal Kombat X or Mortal Kombat XL or Mortal Kombat II for Playstation 4 ?

Which version is the best on Playstation 4 ?

• Mortal Kombat X

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mortal Kombat XL

• Mortal Kombat 11 (2019)

• Total voters

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
I have read a ton of reviews for these few games. And I just cannot decide which to go with. Some reviews state that MKX is the best, then other ones state that MK11(2019) is....and some say MK XL is the best.

So what is your opinion ? There are also conflicting reviews stating which has the better DLC. Now mind you, I do "not" play any game online any more. I have not done that in almost 10 years.

I was big into Street Fighter and MK back in the 90's...and I am looking for a good fighting game.

So basically asking, which version would you purchase ? Based on gameplay / DLC.

EDIT:

I also only purchase physical copies only. So price is irrelevant since they all are pretty cheap now.

I also now know, that XL is just X with all DLC. So choices are, XL or 11. Which for some reason I did not know before.

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
If you are looking for good fighting mechanics, the recent Mortal Kombat games (and Injustice) are games I'd steer clear of.

If you are looking for games that have great story and single player games with great presentation, then I'd go towards Mortal Kombat.

I liked MK9 better than MKX, which I barely played, and I didn't play MK11 at all so I can't really comment on that. I don't like in MKX how you have 3 stances per character. I just always didn't understand why they did that. I also don't like the dial-a-combos in MK games nor the pre-determined combos.

That said, all the DLC I've seen for MK11 makes me wish I liked the game. They have some awesome DLC characters with Terminator and Rambo and others. But again I just hate the way those games play. I also hate how they are animated and the sound in those games are awful.