Morrowind Complete Graphics Overhaul Mod

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Planning on buying Morrowind for PC from Amazon (CD GOTY version), but I would like to use the complete graphics overhaul 3.0 mod. Has anyone used this? I have instructions on how to install this mod, but I'm wondering if there are any problems I should be aware of when installing this mod on Win 7, 64???:confused: Also, which site should I download from?

Wife of Runz

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
It's very complicated, and I spent many many hours tweaking settings. But once it's running, its really damn nice. Well worth the trouble. Make sure to watch the tutorial videos for setup as well as read the documentation.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
It's very complicated, and I spent many many hours tweaking settings. But once it's running, its really damn nice. Well worth the trouble. Make sure to watch the tutorial videos for setup as well as read the documentation.

When was the last time you installed the Overhaul mod? Last time I checked, they've made it a lot easier to set up. Almost everything is automated and requires almost no effort on your part.

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
When was the last time you installed the Overhaul mod? Last time I checked, they've made it a lot easier to set up. Almost everything is automated and requires almost no effort on your part.

It has been a few years, so yeah I guess it probably has changed.

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Thanks for the answers. From what I read, it did look pretty easy to install. I'm new at modding, so the easier the better at this point.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
I've had it for awhile. Just played it a few days ago actually.

It does, of course, completely transform the look of the game, as well as many welcome interface/gameplay tweaks.

I probably installed it last year sometime, but I don't remember any issues whatsoever. It installed and setup just fine. Documentation was clear and concise.

The game will unfortunately stutter occasionally, usually outdoors when turning quickly, which is weird since no other game I own, including Far Cry 3, Crysis 2, or Skyrim (maxed out) have an issue, so I think it's a case of the mod itself having a few hiccups.

Still well worth it though.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Looked into this before, the listof requirements to get it instlled became way more than what I could assume the benefit would be to go through with it.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
If you install it over a vanilla GOTY Morrowind, it's not a problem. Half the directions end up being redundant--IE, there for people that run into trouble, use Steam, have issues from UAC (tip: install outside of program Files), etc.. Just read the instructions as you're installing it, and follow them. You'll be done in a snap, and then just have options to adjust to your liking.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
What about the multiplayer mod? Has anyone tried that and if so how good is it?

Ive used it, the MP combat is pretty weird (When I last used it the hits dont register on both sides) and quests were somewhat of an issue.