More vote suppression

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Fe...ida/-/1637132/17086510/-/5x9wgrz/-/index.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -

Officials in Florida have issued a warning about a new trick trying to prevent voters from going to the polls.

Voters are getting letters that look like they are from local elections offices, questioning their citizenship. But Local 6 has learned the letters are fake, and they are going out across Central Florida and other parts of the state.Officials said the voters who have received the letters thus far are white, registered Republicans who consistently vote in elections.

"This is a major concern," said Seminole County Supervisor of Elections Mike Ertel, who received a letter from a voter mailed from Seattle with no return address. "You should not expect a letter from your elections office saying, 'You're not registered to vote, please don't go to the polls.' That's ridiculous."The supervisor of elections in Collier County said some residents there have also received hoax letters.

Inside the letter is the resident's supervisor of election's name, the resident's name and address, and a warning that doubts the voter's citizenship, saying the resident is not eligible to vote unless a letter is returned in an enclosed form within 15 days.

Some voters said it's easy to be fooled.

"It looks official," a Central Florida resident said.
How can the Democrats support this kind of voter suppression? Ohhh the humanity! It's obvious that this letter targeting registered Republicans is part of a widespread effort to keep conservatives away from the polls.

Links to Gangnam style parodies welcome.

Nothing in the article suggests that it is Democrats doing it - I've removed that from the thread title. In fact, further in the article, it states "Hoss says the letter included a form seeking personal information, including his Social Security and driver's license numbers." You're jumping to unjustified conclusions, particularly if you consider that this scam may also have something to do with some sort of identity fraud. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
After reading the whole article it seems more like some type of identity fraud scam than a voter suppression tactic.
Why would someone wanting to suppress voters ask for personal information like SSN and Drivers License number?

Edit: Shame on me for falling for another one of Monovillage's troll and runs.
Someone should bust his ass for the completely dishonest title.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Ah, mono, so desperate for any evidence that the other party is as bad as his. Sorry you belong to the party of fools. The good news is you have a choice, should you decide to exercise your right to it.

Feb 6, 2007
Well, I'm basically a Democrat, so I guess I must support this, even though my conscience tells me it is wrong. I mean, it's not possible to disagree with any activity that could possibly help your team win, right? Anyone who doesn't follow their party lock-step is a communist and a terrorist and a Satanist and a populist and a Buddhist and a chiropodist.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Ah, mono, so desperate for any evidence that the other party is as bad as his. Sorry you belong to the party of fools. The good news is you have a choice, should you decide to exercise your right to it.

Sure, a letter directed at Republicans attempting to convince them not to vote on election day has nothing to do with Democratic activists.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
But but but... that can't be, only evil republicans try to suppress votes by <gasp> verifying someone's identity. This must be a lie ;)

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Ah election season... Every 4 years we get to watch most fervent right wing nutjobs get more and more detached as election day nears until they ultimately implode after the concession speech...

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Fe...ida/-/1637132/17086510/-/5x9wgrz/-/index.html

How can the Democrats support this kind of voter suppression? Ohhh the humanity! It's obvious that this letter targeting registered Republicans is part of a widespread effort to keep conservatives away from the polls.

Links to Gangnam style parodies welcome.

Expand your tiny mind to grasp the fact mailers are asking for personal information. Could it be scammers involved in identity theft? Or your side perpetrating a Roveen victim act?

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Sure, a letter directed at Republicans attempting to convince them not to vote on election day has nothing to do with Democratic activists.

No, it asks them to provide personal information after threatening their right to vote.

If you cannot read and understand what your source reports why do you even post it?

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
This smacks of desperation.

Republicans probably already know they are losing Florida, so send these letters out to registered republicans to make it look like democrats are doing this. Laughable and anybody with a brain larger than a pea can see right through it.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Ah election season... Every 4 years we get to watch most fervent right wing nutjobs get more and more detached as election day nears until they ultimately implode after the concession speech...

I take this threat to Republican voters just as seriously as I take the idea that voter required ID is voter suppression. In other words not seriously at all.

Hitler gangnam style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myRRxWBSrY8&feature=related

jstern01

Mar 25, 2010
More likely the Republican party sold their mailing list or had it stolen by scammers. I lean towards the latter.

Jim

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
More likely the Republican party sold their mailing list or had it stolen by scammers. I lean towards the latter.

Jim

Though this sounds like it might very well be the case, it simply wouldn't sell here unless somebody took the little bit of information we know so far, distorted it before knowing any of the facts, and blamed it on democrats...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Jim

Ask the Mafia why they rob banks. Would you scam the party of the wealthy or the party of the poor, the King or Jesus? Halloween be thy name, trick er treat, the house with the light on or the one with no front door. Even children can think.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
But if it's really Democrats doing this, have them shot for treason.

You're insane. The harshest person against democrats on this forum is you impersonating conservatives. If you're the harshest though then who are you impersonating? Some insane delusion of the "conservative" you have in your insane mind?

Seek help.