More Republicans trying to whitewash slavery

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
We know conservatives at their favorite gab fest CPAC on multiple occasions claimed slavery wasn't so bad.

"It kept families together".
"Black people had food and shelter"

Now more efforts to whitewash the history of slavery. Just like they are trying to whitewash the insurrection. Republicans only want the history they like

La. GOP leader: How do you know slavery was bad if no one around to see it?

GOP state lawmakers: The Three-Fifths Compromise was actually good

Reactions: Leeea

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Spent my whole upbringing in a state that said it was just about state rights. Takes along time to eradicate official state propaganda. The struggle will continue and not end.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
I don't get why anyone would want to portray it as anything other than what it was. The Southern states purchased slaves, and treated them as slaves. Why try to hide that? No one alive today ever owned a slave, most people don't have a distant ancestor that owned a slave. Everyone that committed those crimes is dead, and everyone that was enslaved is dead as well. Why try to clean it up now?

Reactions: ivwshane
Nov 29, 2006
Maybe we can enslave that GOP leader for a few months in the same conditions, doing the same work and being treated the same, as a reality TV show. I bet he’d change his tune real quick.

Reactions: hal2kilo and pmv

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I don't get why anyone would want to portray it as anything other than what it was. The Southern states purchased slaves, and treated them as slaves. Why try to hide that? No one alive today ever owned a slave, most people don't have a distant ancestor that owned a slave. Everyone that committed those crimes is dead, and everyone that was enslaved is dead as well. Why try to clean it up now?
Probably something to do with this: https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/04/09/us-congress-advances-slavery-reparations-bill

Reactions: hal2kilo
Nov 8, 2012

The only people whitewashing slavery are morons like the OP that do not contain the mental capacity to understand that slavery wasn't a US thing - and it wasn't a "previous" thing. It's a current thing that is consistently being done continuously - courtesy of African nations in a large part. It's actually much harder to buy when there aren't sellers ;)

Instead we like to sweep that little tid-bit under the rug. Why care about facts when you can use your feelings instead?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
"Black people had food and shelter"

If that's a good idea, then I say let us give our fellow Americans "food and shelter".
Not that the GOP would ever support the notion. But I do, and I vote for those who are most likely to do better, if not directly support UBI and Housing programs.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
The only people whitewashing slavery are morons like the OP that do not contain the mental capacity to understand that slavery wasn't a US thing - and it wasn't a "previous" thing. It's a current thing that is consistently being done continuously - courtesy of African nations in a large part. It's actually much harder to buy when there aren't sellers ;)

Instead we like to sweep that little tid-bit under the rug. Why care about facts when you can use your feelings instead?

We are trying to better our own country by examining and being honest about what happened on our soil under our watch and the residual effects here at home to this day, and you are trying to blame our slavery on the blacks in Africa. You are literally white washing slavery right now by diminishing what happened here by saying, well it happened and happens in other places. Damn man, you are a fucking POS.

Nov 8, 2012
Another slavery justifier. Nice job massa

And yet another typical race-baiter post. Typical.

Zero argument. Zero rationalization. Just race baiting. Typical, pathetic, and destined to fail every time. Good job showing your IQ, toolbag ;)

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I think it comes down to Rep Lafferty simply not knowing any better. He really has no idea what he is talking about. Rep Lafferty needs some educating and maybe a little talking to. Just because one is labeled a "representative" from some state doesn't mean they know of what they speak. And considering the state where he resides in.... :rolleyes:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
We are trying to better our own country by examining and being honest about what happened on our soil under our watch and the residual effects here at home to this day, and you are trying to blame our slavery on the blacks in Africa. You are literally white washing slavery right now by diminishing what happened here by saying, well it happened and happens in other places. Damn man, you are a fucking POS.

Are you still expecting more from that poster? He certainly has it hard for you tho.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Don`t forget the Republicans have a lot to lose if their ignorant base finds out that slavery and racism is a very real problem!

Reactions: hal2kilo

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
And yet another typical race-baiter post. Typical.

Zero argument. Zero rationalization. Just race baiting. Typical, pathetic, and destined to fail every time. Good job showing your IQ, toolbag ;)

hmm. looks like you've stepped up to Sanford's premium products. That's escalation, man. You should probably be concerned that you've actually developed a physical tolerance for any of this stuff! (I don't think that's normal)

44.JPG

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Slavery is still here, just a different form, instead of physical chains you have psychological chains that are much harder to break forged by your corporate masters and willingly, proudly worn by their useful idiot slaves, no different than communist Marxists masters who preach the evils of Farmer Jones to their useful idiot slave comrades but live like commissar Napoleon the pig enjoying all the benefits of that evil known as capitalism.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Slavery is still here, just a different form, instead of physical chains you have psychological chains that are much harder to break forged by your corporate masters and willingly, proudly worn by their useful idiot slaves, no different than communist Marxists masters who preach the evils of Farmer Jones to their useful idiot slave comrades but live like commissar Napoleon the pig enjoying all the benefits of that evil known as capitalism.
Methinks white nationalists are a far greater threat then your scary Marxists. Let the whitewashing continue

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
The depth of ignorance it required to create that sentence is truly astounding. Just the grammar, oh god the grammar, brought me to my knees, but then when I finally parsed the idea you are trying to convey...
I'm literally left in awe. Want to educate you, but I am at a loss on how to even approach the fortress of stupidity you must have built around your mind to think that this post was a good idea.
I'm sorry. I'm really at a loss here. How do you even approach explaining this to someone?