More Fake News from BLS

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
What is BLS?
The Bureau of Labor Statistics.
What is the fake news?
That the jobs report show an increase in new jobs or hires.
Why should we believe this?
If Donald Trump can control an entire one half of congress, and if Donald Trump can control an investigation of himself for collusion, AND....
If Donald Trump can control the US Attorney General, why would anyone not believe that Donald Trump can and does control the numbers coming out of the BLS?
A federal agency falling under Donald Trump.

Jobs are about the one and only thing Donald Trump can claim success for. But can he? Really?
Can he if the numbers are faked, the oversight questionable, and the result just another Donald Trump faked lie?
I don't believe the numbers. And just looking around at reality, I doubt most people believe the numbers.
Donald Trump has not helped wages nor has he lowered prices on goods and services. Plus, he raised taxes on the middle class. A lot!
If it doesn't make sense, it's just another of those so typical Donald Trump delusions. A delusion that he can control.
And remember, Trump claimed Obama was fudging the labor numbers when Obama was president, so why wouldn't Trump actually do exactly that?

Yeah, its just more fake news out of this Trump administration.
Just something else he can control and lie about, so he does.

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
What is BLS?
What is the fake news?
If Donald Trump can control an entire one half of congress, and if Donald Trump can control an investigation of himself for collusion, AND....
If Donald Trump can control the US Attorney General, why would anyone not believe that Donald Trump can and does control the numbers coming out of the BLS?

Jobs are about the one and only thing Donald Trump can claim success for. But can he? Really?
Can he if the numbers are faked, the oversight questionable, and the result just another Donald Trump faked lie?
I don't believe the numbers. And just looking around at reality, I doubt most people believe the numbers.
Donald Trump has not helped wages nor has he lowered prices on goods and services. Plus, he raised taxes on the middle class. A lot!
If it doesn't make sense, it's just another of those so typical Donald Trump delusions. A delusion that he can control.
And remember, Trump claimed Obama was fudging the labor numbers when Obama was president, so why wouldn't Trump actually do exactly that?

On the bright side, his presidency is nearly 30% over... how time flies

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I will say that Trump and the GOP in general have shown that when they accuse someone else of a wrongdoing it's because they're actually doing it themselves. That makes it seem at least a bit likely that because Trump constantly accused Obama of fudging the numbers that he'd be doing it himself. Based on the absurdly high level of corruption Trump has shown so far, even if this is true it would be very far down the list of evil wrongdoing he's committed.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I don't think I will ever forget-back in the Bush II administration-they reclassified McDonald's type cooking jobs from service to manufacturing because they were assembling pre-made burgers. Thus leading to a substantial uptick in much desired manufacturing jobs.

But in this case OP do you have any concrete facts to add? Speculation alone is pretty much meaningless.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Maybe if we just pretend things are going great then the stock market will keep rising. I think that's how it works anyway.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
What is the point of this thread?
It's about 6 years of Trump, et al, falsely accusing the Obama administration and the BLS of fudging the employment numbers.
I know that Trump "conservatives" believe that their speech should be free from consequences, but the only way that can happen would be by infringing upon the free speech of those who disagree with them.

Reactions: tweaker2

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
What is BLS?
What is the fake news?

Unless you can show that the BLS numbers were just made up by a Strongman Trump fuckwit, I'm going to go with the BLS numbers.

Remember, it's just numbers. They don't mean anything for most people.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
What is BLS?
What is the fake news?

I understand TDS, and I don't begrudge anyone their right to revel in it, but you're well into tinfoil hat territory. Get a grip, he'll be gone in a year and a half and we can all go back to mouthing platitudes to make ourselves feel better.

Reactions: qliveur

jmagg

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2001
I understand TDS, and I don't begrudge anyone their right to revel in it, but you're well into tinfoil hat territory. Get a grip, he'll be gone in a year and a half and we can all go back to mouthing platitudes to make ourselves feel better.

At this point trump still wins 2020 imo. Jobs and wages are improving here in upstate NY, and at the end of a long day, that is what the rank and file care most about.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
If Trump can fudge numbers like he's been way too eager to do since taking office, then this is just another number that he can exploit in his favor.

Hell, he'll make good numbers look even better (the best numbers under his watch) because it's been what he's primarily fixated on for all the time he's been the Tyrant in Chief.

He'll spit out "facts and figures" that are wholly unsupported and well, more than obviously false and will not give a damn how badly it gets fact-checked and debunked. He's well past trying to back up his lies with more lies. He's now at the point where he'll say anything to strike back at his enemies or to make himself out to be what he wishes he were and simply leave that steaming pile to sit aside that long trail of piles he's managed to dump along the way toward his "guaranteed reelection" that of course will be the biggest and best ever.

Not saying he's managed to "fix" the jobs report in some way, just saying that he'll do it if it pleases him and he won't give half a shit what anybody says about it and most critically, nor will his supporters.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Yes, every time someone questions the President's policies or tries to hold him accountable to his own words, it is simply derangement. Don't these libtards know that the Constitution gives the President unlimited powers? Why do they hate the Constitution?

Last edited:
Reactions: sandorski

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

Are you sure? If we're crazy enough to elect him, we're crazy enough to reelect him!

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Are you sure? If we're crazy enough to elect him, we're crazy enough to reelect him!
I'm not sure about anything but death and taxes.
Personally, I don't care if he gets another term or not. As long as he's in office congress will be to busy investigating him to fuck anything else up. If he's booted in 2020, congress will spend at least a year pursuing him, then another year making laws to prevent anyone Trump like from ever getting elected again. There will be some stupid legislation along the way, minority lesbian dwarfs haven't had their day in the sun yet, but that's just filler. Overall, it will be another two years before they can get back to the business of fucking things up. I think were good for the next three years no matter what happens.

Yes, I'm feeling more than a little cynical today.