More details about Russia's attack on the US become available

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
The Republicans are saving us from evil. The means do not matter.

No, they know that treason and racism and shitting on the poor are wrong, in fact I believe some even read the bible. They just evidently don't care as long as they personally benefit as demonstrated ad infinitum. I do believe that's how we define "evil".

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
Ever notice how the degens usually have names or avatars that describe them really well? Like John Connor's being Oscar the Grouch, or a guy named Outhouse? :D

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Every additional story moves the intrusion one step closer to actual impacts on the vote itself. This one was voter rolls. Keep watching.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
No, they know that treason and racism and shitting on the poor are wrong, in fact I believe some even read the bible. They just evidently don't care as long as they personally benefit as demonstrated ad infinitum. I do believe that's how we define "evil".
Don't be ridiculous. Your claim that they are evil is just as evil
They have no more idea that their notions of the good are evil than you do. All you do with your moral condemnation is strengthen their faith, just as this post likely does for you.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
@Moonbeam, please explain to me how "your claim that they are evil is just as evil."

I've been noticing a pattern of profound-sounding but actually contentless sound bytes like this in your posts recently.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
It got them the support of the "deplorables". The idiots that have a vocabulary of 5000 words. That don't know a single country outside the US (and maybe Canada and Mexico), but who are sure that the US is the 2nd greatestest country in the world. (FYI, Texas is the greatest country in the world). The people who wouldn't realize they get fucked in the arse by the republicans, even when the sperm comes out their ears. Those people are taken.

Are you sure the Democrats should fight over those votes ?

52% of your country's voters voted for the Democrat candidate. Who had a shady reputation. Who was more right than left. Who could not make it clear to the average voter what was at stake. And 42% of your potential voters didn't even turn up.

If the democrats get a normal guy or gal, somewhere in her/his 40s. Who can articulate. Who can bring across a point. Who isn't tainted by a 40 year political career with lots of skeletons. If the Democrats can find such a candidate, it will be easy to beat Trump or any other Republican. Focus on that. Don't try to out-scumbag the scumbags.

And to my surprise, everybody is playing along. It waz the Ruzzians. Somebody do something ! Ze Ruzzianz are attacking the country.

I guess since insults to people did win you elections the next logic step is to increase the insults until the desired result is achieved. Unicorn much with a Dimocrat savior? Not sure where 52% of voters picked a Dimocrat candidate. No candidate won a majority in the popular vote.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Every additional story moves the intrusion one step closer to actual impacts on the vote itself. This one was voter rolls. Keep watching.

The impact was in what the Russians helped Trump & the right wing noise machine do to people's minds.

There was a time when Russian propaganda & our own right wing propaganda were oppositional. That's no longer true with the Russian oligarchy. They now share common goals & aspirations. Supporting Trump is just one of the ways they work together.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I guess since insults to people did win you elections the next logic step is to increase the insults until the desired result is achieved. Unicorn much with a Dimocrat savior? Not sure where 52% of voters picked a Dimocrat candidate. No candidate won a majority in the popular vote.

You too suffer from boomerang derangement syndrome.

Azuma Hazuki

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2012
You out to save the world from evil, Sailor moon?

My first girlfriend loved that show. Subbed, thankfully; I'm told the english dub is an abomination. But no, as you can see I'm more of a Sailor Saturn type, and when your nickname is "Messiah of Silence," you don't do a lot of world-saving.

Any other smart-aleck questions, BrandonBullshit?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
@Moonbeam, please explain to me how "your claim that they are evil is just as evil."

I've been noticing a pattern of profound-sounding but actually contentless sound bytes like this in your posts recently.
As is the way of things, what one can take from something is dependent on what one is able to carry away. Let me try, therefore to give you every advantage I am able to provide.
1. There is no such thing as evil. Therefore I am used the word evil in the ordinary that people use it who have not achieved that insight.

2. You may have heard the saying, you can always tell a bigot but you can't tell him or her much. What is the nature of bigotry that makes this true.

There is no such thing as evil there is only perfection and the delusion that evil exists. Therefore, we can say there is a good a fact that is perceptible only to those who have experienced a collapse of duality or a god conscious state, or whatever you want to call this transformative experience. We are all perfect but we do not all know it. But that truth is unconsciously felt. The sense there is a good is persistent because it lies at the core of our being.

A bigot is a person who believes in the good but has mistaken what the good is. Take for example the sad case of those religious folk who deny evolution. They know there is a God, a good if you will, and they have been brainwashed into believing the Bible is the word of that good. Once the notion that the Bible is the absolute word of god has been implanted and stuck as an unconscious assumption, no challenge to that book will be allowed to stand because the unconscious assumption of the anti-evolution bigot is that if evolution is true the Bible is wrong and so is his or her whole religion. A flaw in the Bible means there no good and the bigot knows that is not true. He knows there is a good so you can argue with him or her forever and never change what they believe. Every false idea of what the good is, is exactly the same. The bigot believes they are defending the good when in they may actually be factually our to lunch. They will not let go because to do so says the good does not exist and it does.

3 So this form of bigotry is evil in the sense that it would cripple our scientific understanding of so many things if these bigots were to make their ignorance a universal human condition.

4. But from the point of view of the bigot, he or she is defending the truth, the highest moral stand one can take. They do not believe they are immoral and can't be convinced that they are because they are defending the good and they know there is a good. Any attack mounted against their moral position will be seen as evil because for those who live in the world of duality the opposite of good is evil.

5. Another kind of bigotry is based on the conflation of the evil of bigotry itself to the notion that the bigot is aware he is evil and deserves to be ridiculed and driven off the scene. This is what agent believes. The bigot sees himself as good and the anti bigot as from the devil and the anti-bigot sees himself as the good and the bigot as evil. These are the opposite faces of duality, the paradox that can be reconciled only at a higher level of awareness.

agent has commented that when Trump was elected the racists, another kind of bigot came crawling our of the woodwork. But they had always been there, driven to hide but not to evolve, by the kind of ridicule agent likes to apply. This is the wheel of karma that just goes round and round. There is a conscious transformation that is possible that changes all of it. Participation is the endless karmic wheel can be called evil because it keeps the demonization of the other going. But every bigot is doing the good so you can't tell them. What often kills bigotry is when somebody finds a person they love falls under the definition of evil and the emotions can't be resolved without the death of bigotry, but it can also go the other way. I have said many times we would rather die than know what we feel.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Don't be ridiculous. Your claim that they are evil is just as evil
Sure, because people who point out racism are the Real racists. I think you know how well that argument's been working out for the degenerates.

They have no more idea that their notions of the good are evil than you do. All you do with your moral condemnation is strengthen their faith, just as this post likely does for you.
No, they very well know that racism is wrong, which is why pointing how much water they carry for racists is shameful enough for all but the most degenerate like chuck/roflmouth/buckshot.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
As is the way of things, what one can take from something is dependent on what one is able to carry away. Let me try, therefore to give you every advantage I am able to provide.
1. There is no such thing as evil. Therefore I am used the word evil in the ordinary that people use it who have not achieved that insight.

2. You may have heard the saying, you can always tell a bigot but you can't tell him or her much. What is the nature of bigotry that makes this true.

There is no such thing as evil there is only perfection and the delusion that evil exists. Therefore, we can say there is a good a fact that is perceptible only to those who have experienced a collapse of duality or a god conscious state, or whatever you want to call this transformative experience. We are all perfect but we do not all know it. But that truth is unconsciously felt. The sense there is a good is persistent because it lies at the core of our being.

A bigot is a person who believes in the good but has mistaken what the good is. Take for example the sad case of those religious folk who deny evolution. They know there is a God, a good if you will, and they have been brainwashed into believing the Bible is the word of that good. Once the notion that the Bible is the absolute word of god has been implanted and stuck as an unconscious assumption, no challenge to that book will be allowed to stand because the unconscious assumption of the anti-evolution bigot is that if evolution is true the Bible is wrong and so is his or her whole religion. A flaw in the Bible means there no good and the bigot knows that is not true. He knows there is a good so you can argue with him or her forever and never change what they believe. Every false idea of what the good is, is exactly the same. The bigot believes they are defending the good when in they may actually be factually our to lunch. They will not let go because to do so says the good does not exist and it does.

3 So this form of bigotry is evil in the sense that it would cripple our scientific understanding of so many things if these bigots were to make their ignorance a universal human condition.

4. But from the point of view of the bigot, he or she is defending the truth, the highest moral stand one can take. They do not believe they are immoral and can't be convinced that they are because they are defending the good and they know there is a good. Any attack mounted against their moral position will be seen as evil because for those who live in the world of duality the opposite of good is evil.

5. Another kind of bigotry is based on the conflation of the evil of bigotry itself to the notion that the bigot is aware he is evil and deserves to be ridiculed and driven off the scene. This is what agent believes. The bigot sees himself as good and the anti bigot as from the devil and the anti-bigot sees himself as the good and the bigot as evil. These are the opposite faces of duality, the paradox that can be reconciled only at a higher level of awareness.

agent has commented that when Trump was elected the racists, another kind of bigot came crawling our of the woodwork. But they had always been there, driven to hide but not to evolve, by the kind of ridicule agent likes to apply. This is the wheel of karma that just goes round and round. There is a conscious transformation that is possible that changes all of it. Participation is the endless karmic wheel can be called evil because it keeps the demonization of the other going. But every bigot is doing the good so you can't tell them. What often kills bigotry is when somebody finds a person they love falls under the definition of evil and the emotions can't be resolved without the death of bigotry, but it can also go the other way. I have said many times we would rather die than know what we feel.

In fairness to Moonbeam there were plenty of apologists for the confederacy and nazis, too.

I would also emphasize that word were because there's good reason why they don't exist anymore. Well, no I take that back about apologists for sons of the confederacy.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
In fairness to Moonbeam there were plenty of apologists for the confederacy and nazis, too.

I would also emphasize that word were because there's good reason why they don't exist anymore. Well, no I take that back about apologists for sons of the confederacy.

The apologists for the Nazis are still around as well. They've been working at it ever since 1945.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
The apologists for the Nazis are still around as well. They've been working at it ever since 1945.

Not so much in germany because it's potentially punishable by law. Maybe some of the americans rather protective of their race realists can pick up the slack.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
I don't get the "ignore the Russians, they are good people" people.

The democratic system of the entire west is under attack by Russia, they are paying off far right wing parties like Front Nationale, UKIP, BNP, Golden Dawn and loads of other anti EU parties all over Europe and they are doing their damndest to break up NATO and trade agreements between western Europe, Asia and the North American nations.

Do you think that is benign or an actual threat to the prosperity and peace we have enjoyed in the west for a long time? Russia wants the era of democracy and prosperity in the west to end and you can pick what side you want to be on or even worse, pretend that reality isn't real because it is inconvenient for you.

Reactions: Victorian Gray

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008

Vladimir Putin gave direct instructions to help elect Trump, report says

A report Friday morning claims Russian President Vladimir Putin gave direct instructions to help elect Donald Trump president.

According to a Washington Post investigation, former President Obama received a secret CIA report in August.

That report "captured Putin's specific instructions on the operation's audacious objectives - defeat or at least damage the Democratic nominee, Hillary Clinton."

CBS News confirmed last year that U.S. intelligence officials knew that the Russian government operation to interfere in the U.S. election had been approved by Putin himself, but they were reluctant to reveal how much they knew out of concern that sources and methods could be compromised, CBS News justice and homeland security correspondent Jeff Pegues reports.

The Post reports that U.S. intelligence agencies had sourcing deep inside the Russian government capturing Putin's direct instructions in the operation.

The Post also reports that before he left office Mr. Obama set in motion a secret program that authorized the deployment of "implants" in Russian networks - digital bombs that could be triggered in a retaliatory cyberstrike in the event of Moscow aggression - and that it would be up to President Trump to decide to use the capability.

CBS News confirmed that Obama officials felt that their effort to expel Russian diplomats in retaliation was undermined by the incoming administration.
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/investigators-probing-if-trump-campaign-got-info-from-russian-hacks

Determining whether that is true is part of the ongoing investigations. CBS News has confirmed that congressional investigators are looking into whether Trump campaign associates obtained information from hacked voter databases during the election.

So far there is no evidence of that, but it is a sign that the congressional investigations are expanding.

Obama’s secret struggle to punish Russia for Putin’s election assault

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yeah WaPo has put out some incredible articles the last few days. Yikes. There is A LOT to digest in those articles.