More BS from RIAA

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Link

WASHINGTON (August 26) 2002 -- Both online and physical music piracy continue to impact the music industry midway through 2002, with a comprehensive new survey of public practices providing the strongest evidence to date that illegal Internet downloading is displacing sales and helping explain a seven percent drop in CD shipments and a 69.9 percent increase in counterfeit/pirate optical disc seizures, according to new analysis and data released today by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).

According to PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, CD shipments dropped 7 percent in the first six months of 2002, while seizures of counterfeit CDs soared by 69.9 percent. The first-half decline in CD shipments comes on top of last year?s overall 5.3 percent drop.

Together, the findings from both surveys show a continuing fall-off in CD sales?and in the process decisively debunk the theory that stealing music online is somehow good for the music business.

More behind the link :disgust:

NuclearFusi0n

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

hehehehe

NuclearFusi0n

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
BTW, maybe it's because THEIR MUSIC SUCKS AND WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A RECESSION!
rolleye.gif

i've discovered loads of better music because of online songs, and hell, more than half of them aren't even affiliated with the riaa :)

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Originally posted by: NuclearFusi0n1
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

hehehehe

Works for me :confused:

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Nemesis77

hehehehe

I think he was pointing out the AT effect...

But why can't the RIAA realize that they aren't going to stop file sharing, they're just making themselves look like idiots.

Nemesis77

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001
Originally posted by: bryce
Originally posted by: Nemesis77

hehehehe

I think he was pointing out the AT effect...

Or The Register-effect ;).

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
<<while seizures of counterfeit CDs soared by 69.9 percent.>>

Dang I wont be able to sell cd's on the street corner anymore
rolleye.gif

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Gunbuster
<<while seizures of counterfeit CDs soared by 69.9 percent.>>

Dang I wont be able to sell cd's on the street corner anymore
rolleye.gif

23rd street and 54th

Trust me.

ChefJoe

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2002
Among people who said their downloading from file-sharing services had increased over the past six months, fully 41 percent reported purchasing less music now than six months ago, compared to only 19 percent who said they were purchasing more music.

I prefer being able to eat a nice meal over listening to the latest Nellyville CD. Sounds like the airlines, "why can't we make more money while selling less".