More Bill and Hilary history

DukeN

Golden Member
Dec 12, 1999
In today's edition of the Clinton fabrications, a gem from the past. Apparently Bill says, like Hillary and her mother, that Hitlary was named after Sir Edmund. Except that Sir Edmund became famous in 53, and Hitlary was born in 47. Six years ago. When Sir Hilary was a beekeeper. In New Zealand.

http://www2.nysun.com/article/73861?page_no=1

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
And I thought lying about a reason to invade and occupy Iraq was bad, this really takes the cake.:roll:

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
And I thought lying about a reason to invade and occupy Iraq was bad, this really takes the cake.:roll:
Originally posted by: senseamp
Well, maybe he lied this country into peace and prosperity, fine by me.

Is Bush running for POTUS again?

typical...

Feb 6, 2007
Kind of a pointless thing to lie about, wouldn't you say? I do it all the time, personally, but I like screwing with people. I'll tell people I was named for Samuel L. Jackson, or Mark Twain, or surface to air missiles... Being named for your grandfather doesn't have the same weight. But yeah, that is an absurdly stupid lie to tell. Who cares who you were named for? "Oh, her parents were avid mountaineering fans, good character right there..."

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
A Clinton is, and if Bill Clinton's lying didn't stop him from presiding over peace and prosperity, why would it stop Hillary from doing the same?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

You were never able to prove that Clinton did anything to bring prosperity to this country. You fail economics and finance.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: palehorse74

typical...

I think what he was saying, if I may so boldly interject, is that the relative gravitas between a repeating what is likely a family myth about the origin of Hillary's name and ruining the nation with dissembling are on different moral planes. I suspect that Red may be dimly aware that Bush isn't running in the next election, if you catch my meaning.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
A Clinton is, and if Bill Clinton's lying didn't stop him from presiding over peace and prosperity, why would it stop Hillary from doing the same?

Germany did pretty good under Hitlery for a while. ;)

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
More DukeN threads...

Nothing to see here folks, move along. Just DukeN posting more anti-clinton threads. :roll:

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
More DukeN threads...

Nothing to see here folks, move along. Just DukeN posting more anti-clinton threads. :roll:
There can never be too many of those!

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: LegendKiller

You were never able to prove that Clinton did anything to bring prosperity to this country. You fail economics and finance.

Right, it's just a coincidence that the budgets got balanced and economy boomed.
:roll: I guess Clintons just bring this country luck.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Right, it's just a coincidence that the budgets got balanced and economy boomed.

If you put your faith in luck I guess you failed logic too.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
There is that old saying, the first mistake we make is choosing our parents. But now this thread goes it one better. The first mistake our parents make is choosing our names. And somehow if Hillary's parents had named her Jane or Theresa, she would not have grown up to be evil.

Truth be told, my first name is not Lemon, its Richard. And I am so shamed to share that name with Richard Nixon and Richard Cheney. So I vowed at an early age to oppose jerks like that who dragged my name into the dirt.

Yes I agree, her parents should have named her Theresa, or mother Theresa to you Republicans.

As for GWB, there was another preordained mistake, a child growing up admiring Mad King George of England and determined to undo all the civil liberty advances of the American revolution. As for William Clinton, who the hell wants
to get a bill. I get enough stinking bills in my mailbox as it is.

Yes that explains it all, as the twig is bent so grows the child. Name your children Adam or Eve so they can be conceived in original sin. Beware of apples.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

It was the Gingrich Republicans who also lead the charge into a balanced budget "paygo" stance.

Name one reason how Bill influenced the tech boom. You said that lesser government bonds reduced the "crowding out" theory. However, if that were true, then we wouldn't have seen the housing bubble.

Your "crowing out" theory sucks, try again.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I guess Clintons just bring this country luck.
You have asserted this in numerous threads on Clinton, but I have yet to see you back it up with anything other than opinion.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
You have asserted this in numerous threads on Clinton, but I have yet to see you back it up with anything other than opinion.
How come Bush wasn't able to do it, he did have a Republican Congress for 6 years.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
How come Bush wasn't able to do it, he did have a Republican Congress for 6 years.

Different republicans.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003

I think we're always better served when the same party doesn't have control of Congress and the POTUS.

IIRC, Gingrich was pretty powerful back then. I seem to recall him very much being a fiscal conservative. I don't know of any in Congress during the GWB admin. We ended up with an unchecked spending spree.

Fern

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
I don't like Bill Clinton or Bush very much.

But we need to be fair about economics. Any economics teacher, whether he or she leans left or right, will tell you that the president has quite a minimal effect on the overall economy, and that the Fed exercises considerably more. Furthermore, they'll also know that the Fed is designed to be apolitical. Most Fed members have terms that will outlast the current president.

If you're trying to blame the economy on the president, you're already starting on the wrong foot. Clinton can't be credited with the boom, and Bush can't be credited with the recent boom, or the recent recession.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: palehorse74

typical...

I think what he was saying, if I may so boldly interject, is that the relative gravitas between a repeating what is likely a family myth about the origin of Hillary's name and ruining the nation with dissembling are on different moral planes. I suspect that Red may be dimly aware that Bush isn't running in the next election, if you catch my meaning.

If a person is so willing to lie about such a minor detail as the source of their name, do you really think that person would hesitate lie if it was done to cover up, say, bombing the wrong country?

Hillary will do whatever it takes to put Hillary on top and keep her there.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

It was the Gingrich Republicans who also lead the charge into a balanced budget "paygo" stance.

Name one reason how Bill influenced the tech boom. You said that lesser government bonds reduced the "crowding out" theory. However, if that were true, then we wouldn't have seen the housing bubble.

You are going to tell us that Republicans are for 'paygo' after the last 8 years?
Seems to me like their 'paygo' stance is closely related to a Clinton being in the White House. :)

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

You are going to tell us that Republicans are for 'paygo' after the last 8 years?
Seems to me like their 'paygo' stance is closely related to a Clinton being in the White House. :)

Please, everybody knows that the current congress was a bunch of overspending quislings, as opposed to Gingrich and his group which were the opposite.

You still haven't provided justification for the economic cycle that happened while Clinton was in office. Please provide this, we are all waiting with bated breath while you use mad spinning skillz.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Legend Killer: Equally important to the Gingrich leadership of the House was the Democratic (Clinton or otherwise) occupation of the White House. The Republicans in Congress were held in check until they got a friendly face in the Oval Office, at which point fiscal restraint went out the window. Newt would have been hard pressed to hold party discipline without an opposing president against whom to rail.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: CallMeJoe
Legend Killer: Equally important to the Gingrich leadership of the House was the Democratic (Clinton or otherwise) occupation of the White House. The Republicans in Congress were held in check until they got a friendly face in the Oval Office, at which point fiscal restraint went out the window. Newt would have been hard pressed to hold party discipline without an opposing president against whom to rail.

I completely agree. However, to attribute the whole thing to Clinton is intellectually dishonest.