Montel Williams puts FOX News on its place..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Most news channels have turned into tabloid channels, or have they always been like that?

EKKC

Diamond Member
May 31, 2005
:thumbsup: for montel

enough with the celeb news already

britney? winehouse? hilton? and now making a big stink out of a tragic death?

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: QueBert
Originally posted by: Injury
What a hell of a twist it is that a talk show host blasts the media for airing things that are unimportant to society or making a spectacle of other's problems. Does Montel Williams seriously think he has us fooled into believing that his show and others like it are about helping people and not about gawking at the decay of society?

What a crock.

when's the last time you've watched his show? I see it from time to time and he has a lot of feel good stories about people overcoming adversities. He show is far closer to Oprah than it is to Jerry Springer.

... but still uses people's problems to generate ratings, right?

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: DangerAardvark
Originally posted by: Injury
What a hell of a twist it is that a talk show host blasts the media for airing things that are unimportant to society or making a spectacle of other's problems. Does Montel Williams seriously think he has us fooled into believing that his show and others like it are about helping people and not about gawking at the decay of society?

What a crock.

Last time I checked, his show was called the "Montel Williams Show", not "The News".

Media is media. A show doesn't need people sitting behind desks in the 5 O'clock timeslot to be working for ratings.

It's not that I don't agree with him here, I certainly do... or that he has any twisted intent, but I just find it it really funny that he acts like he's so high above other people.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
There are other thing going on in the world then the war in Iraq.
As far as I am concerned, the death of a big holywood star is as newsworthy as anything else going on in the world. Is it important? No. Is it interesting, Yes.
If you don't like the show, turn the TV off.
The media serves us what we want.

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
lol i love how, while they are arguing about the whole troops thing random clips of heath ledger in brokeback mountain keep popping up hahahaha. gotta love the unplanned media. wait.......no you dont?