Monitor Shutting Off Upon Loading Game-Textures

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I have a ViewSonic G90f CRT Monitor. I recently installed Unreal Tournament 3 and have been playing it for about half an hour.

It was playing fine until I started turning-up the settings to see what the best settings I could play it at while staying above 40 FPS. Well, I turned the settings to max at 1024 768 and started a match. It ran fine, except the FPS was around 20-30 - unacceptable. So I turned the settings back down to what they were before, but when I loaded the same map, my monitor turns off (as if I unplugged the VGA Cable) and it won't turn back on. By turning off, I mean that it says "Off Mode In 5 Seconds" and then it turns off.

I have unplugged the monitor and plugged it back in, turned it off and back on, and even refreshed the screen - nothing brings it back on. I cannot alt-tab out of the game and the sound cuts off. It's like it freezes my entire computer. I am left to press the Restart Button on my tower and hope that nothing was damaged.

Three times this has happened on the same map and (in-game) settings while at different graphical settings.

Now, the last time my monitor turned off, it made a very loud squealing sound. I turned the monitor off immediately and the sound stopped. It has yet to do that again.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and possibly, how to prevent it from happening again (aside from just not playing that map)?

**Side Note**
If anyone is interested, the map is Warfare > Island_Necris > 15 Bots - Inhuman > Random enemy class. The monitor turns off ass the textures are loading.

olmer

Dec 28, 2006
Monitor making sound via internal speakers you mean?

Anyway it sounds like a pc problem to me. Most likely software one. Try defaulting all in game settings (make sure your graphic drivers game/system ?wide settings are not forced) and restart again. If you have not installed any new software/hardware(or messed up the drives/files) which had caused the problem this should fix it. Otherwise post again with your residents/hw details.