Moniter Repair?

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
I can't belive it! My gateway EV700 17" moniter died and it is only a year and a half old. I called them up and they say the warranty is only for 1 year. I don't want to throw the thing away, but rather fix it.

Does anybody know of any moniter repair service in the NORTHERN CALIFORNIA REGION?
Any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated!

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
<rant> The monitor I have is exactly the same as yours. And it's giving me fits, too. It seems as though some of the electron guns don't work...the blue one, specifically. So that means that everything on the screen is green. yuck!
I've been told to take it to a tv repair shop and tell them it needs resoldering of a loose connection on the back of the CRT (iirc), but I'm afraid it's probably so much a p.o.s. that as soon as I do that, something else will go wrong. </rant>
So is it worth it for me (and perhaps the other poster) to get our monitors fixed, or would it be better just to get a new one?

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
hmmm maybe if enough of us rant then we can force a recall YAY, maybe i should throw it away, but 250 bucks OUCH!