MOD'S HELP Please!

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Qwest, who is the service I used when I signed up to the forums, is changing over to MSN.
Because of this, I am going to be loosing the Email address I used when I signed up.

How can I keep my existing account here at the forums when I get a new Email address?

I have Hotmail but you say it's not acceptable.

When I first signed up I had my own qwest.net service, since then I have moved and am sharing a qwest DSL line through a bridged Ethernet and Hub.

As I understand, my roommate (who has this account) can have several Email accounts. SO I should be able to get another one. But I'm not sure.

At any rate, I really don't want to loose my user name and "persona? I have here on the forums!

How can I unsure I can continue to be "me" on here??

T.I.A. Mod's

dOrKuS

Jun 19, 2001
if your new email is going to be kdavid43@msn.com just change your email address in your profile as soon as that acccount gets created, at least, thats what I did when I changed from my job e-mail to my school one.

hope this helped.

AnandTech Moderator

Staff member
Oct 12, 1999
Your password will not change, so you will still be able to log onto the forums. Once you know your new address, just click the "profile" tab, and enter your new address. A new random password will be sent to that address. Once you have your new password, you can again edit your profile to change it to one of your choice.

We do recommend updating your profile. If you subscribe to any threads, or if there is another reason to email you for any reason, your email will be returned if your address is not current.

AnandTech Moderator