Mobile Bio Lab found.....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: freakflag

Man...what is with these miniscule timetables people have set for finding WMD's? It's ridiculous to assume we'd find anything by now. The Marines are far more interested in WINNING THE WAR than digging into every pile of sand in a country the size of California. Do you really think that Saddam has them hidden behind a door somewhere? To say that US credibility is at stake after less than a month is just silly.

wrong - if iraq was such the breeding ground for WMD's, and the US had "ROCK SOLID EVIDENCE" they were there, and the US intelligence of the past 12 years had anything to do with it, then the US sure as hell had better be able to produce some evidence NOW. SOMETHING. ANYTHING. Anything to appease those with doubts. Bush and Blair's political hides are on the line here. We were forced into this assassination attempt under the ruse of prolific WMD's...show us the money!

But now over three weeks, Bush ain't found s#it in the sham of a rape of a country. THAT is what is ridiculous.

The longer it takes to produce WMD evidence, the less credibility such evidence has. After all, things can easily be produced and created; just like that sham "evidence" that was found to be untrue in the prelude to war.

In fact, any evidence found under the US regime's total occupation of Iraq can be discounted.

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: elzmaddy
I doubt they could have more weapons than any other third-rate impoverished country.

Hello? Didn't we find an enormous cache of weapons just the other day - something to the tune that could supply camp Legune(sp) and camp Pendelton?

Hmm... impoverished people not an impoverished gov't

CkG

we've had NOTHING but false alarms for the past 3 weeks. news breaks that something has been found, and it's always disclaimed by "unconfirmed" or "possible" or whatnot, yet to be quietly recinded into a false alarm.

It's all about the Bush regime's propoganda tactics. Well the little boy who cried wolf isn't heard anymore.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Marshallj
Originally posted by: Tiles2Tech

By "mobile" does that mean the lab was being pulled around by camels??

No. If you look up the definition of "mobile", you see this entry listed:

mo·bile. (mbl)- A type of sculpture consisting of carefully equilibrated parts that move, especially in response to air currents.

We can therefore conclude that this lab was a decoration hung from the ceiling, like a wind chime. :p

OMG! They were targeting our children! Our CHILDREN!!! ;) :D

freakflag

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
Originally posted by: freakflag

Man...what is with these miniscule timetables people have set for finding WMD's? It's ridiculous to assume we'd find anything by now. The Marines are far more interested in WINNING THE WAR than digging into every pile of sand in a country the size of California. Do you really think that Saddam has them hidden behind a door somewhere? To say that US credibility is at stake after less than a month is just silly.

wrong - if iraq was such the breeding ground for WMD's, and the US had "ROCK SOLID EVIDENCE" they were there, and the US intelligence of the past 12 years had anything to do with it, then the US sure as hell had better be able to produce some evidence NOW. SOMETHING. ANYTHING. Anything to appease those with doubts. Bush and Blair's political hides are on the line here. We were forced into this assassination attempt under the ruse of prolific WMD's...show us the money!

But now over three weeks, Bush ain't found s#it in the sham of a rape of a country. THAT is what is ridiculous.

The longer it takes to produce WMD evidence, the less credibility such evidence has. After all, things can easily be produced and created; just like that sham "evidence" that was found to be untrue in the prelude to war.

In fact, any evidence found under the US regime's total occupation of Iraq can be discounted.

You're kidding, right? They said we have rock solid evidence that he is in possession of WMD's...NOT that we know where they are.

Maybe we did know where they were being hidden...before all the cowardly obstructionist @ssholes gave Saddam a month or 2 to hide the sh!t in the sand.

"the US sure as hell had better be able to produce some evidence NOW."

It's a country the size of California.

Let me put it into perspective for you. Iraq has an area of approximately 171,599 square miles.
Let's assume that the Coalition has 500,000 troops in Iraq. (I think that's high, but, I'm not sure what the current total is so...whatever.)
That averages out to a little under 3 people per square mile.

1 Square mile equals 640 acres.

Suppose I put you and two of your most intelligent and resourceful friends in the middle of 640 acres and charge you with the task of finding a quarter that I have hidden somewhere in that 640 acres........while I take pot shots at you with an AK-47 and send rabbits with bombs up thier asses to try and blow you up.

How long do you think it would take you to find that quarter?

That's what we're up against.

That's what is ridiculous, kid.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
while I take pot shots at you with an AK-47 and send rabbits with bombs up thier asses to try and blow you up.

...ok I will NEVER look at the Easter Bunny in the same light again. :D

NightTrain

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDocThe longer it takes to find something increases the pressure to find something . . . the window of opportunity is closing on US credibility with regards to significant WMD in Iraq.

Wishful thinking on your part.

Our first priority should be to topple the remaining cities such as Tikrit and Mosul. Next we should root out the remaining pockets of resistance so the UN and other relief agencies can feel safe to enter the area. Then we should try and locate all of our MIA and POW's.

After that is finished we can worry about the political implications and WMD. Our forces have bigger fish to fry than satisfying those who have fought the entire effort from the beginning and took pleasure in every stubbed toe. Screw them.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: elzmaddy
I doubt they could have more weapons than any other third-rate impoverished country.

Hello? Didn't we find an enormous cache of weapons just the other day - something to the tune that could supply camp Legune(sp) and camp Pendelton?

Hmm... impoverished people not an impoverished gov't

CkG

we've had NOTHING but false alarms for the past 3 weeks. news breaks that something has been found, and it's always disclaimed by "unconfirmed" or "possible" or whatnot, yet to be quietly recinded into a false alarm.

It's all about the Bush regime's propoganda tactics. Well the little boy who cried wolf isn't heard anymore.

"False alarms" or not doesn't matter. WE HAVE FOUND TOXINS in the country (albeit not neccessarily in possesion of Saddam but rather a terrorist training camp)

Yeah that's it...the embedded journalists are reading from a script that Bush gave them
rolleye.gif
WE WILL FIND THEM!!! and like I said we have only scratched off 20 or so sites on a growing list of possible sites. 3 weeks of WAR doesn't equal 3 weeks of WMD hunting.

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: NightTrain
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDocThe longer it takes to find something increases the pressure to find something . . . the window of opportunity is closing on US credibility with regards to significant WMD in Iraq.

Wishful thinking on your part.

Our first priority should be to topple the remaining cities such as Tikrit and Mosul. Next we should root out the remaining pockets of resistance so the UN and other relief agencies can feel safe to enter the area. Then we should try and locate all of our MIA and POW's.

After that is finished we can worry about the political implications and WMD. Our forces have bigger fish to fry than satisfying those who have fought the entire effort from the beginning and took pleasure in every stubbed toe. Screw them.

Exactly :D

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Wheezer
while I take pot shots at you with an AK-47 and send rabbits with bombs up thier asses to try and blow you up.

...ok I will NEVER look at the Easter Bunny in the same light again. :D

THOSE AREN'T EASTER EGGS!!!! THEY'RE BOMBLETS!!!!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Aw come on, I hope this isn't the same Crane Pest Control vehicle I mentioned in another thread?

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
1. I'll wait for an actual news source to report this

2. I'll wait until they confirm something...there have been waaaay too many of these reports...

BushWhacker

Banned
Apr 11, 2003
Anyone that thinks you could conduct any serious bio weapons work out of the back of a truck doesn't know much about bio science.

oLLie

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Aw come on, I hope this isn't the same Crane Pest Control vehicle I mentioned in another thread?

Yes. I am sure that is exactly what you are hoping.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yes. I am sure that is exactly what you are hoping.
----------------
Alas, there is here, no congruency between what you are sure of and reality.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
You're kidding, right? They said we have rock solid evidence that he is in possession of WMD's...NOT that we know where they are.
Maybe we did know where they were being hidden...before all the cowardly obstructionist @ssholes gave Saddam a month or 2 to hide the sh!t in the sand.
"the US sure as hell had better be able to produce some evidence NOW."
It's a country the size of California.
Let me put it into perspective for you. Iraq has an area of approximately 171,599 square miles.
Let's assume that the Coalition has 500,000 troops in Iraq. (I think that's high, but, I'm not sure what the current total is so...whatever.)
That averages out to a little under 3 people per square mile.
1 Square mile equals 640 acres.
Suppose I put you and two of your most intelligent and resourceful friends in the middle of 640 acres and charge you with the task of finding a quarter that I have hidden somewhere in that 640 acres........while I take pot shots at you with an AK-47 and send rabbits with bombs up thier asses to try and blow you up.
How long do you think it would take you to find that quarter?
That's what we're up against.
That's what is ridiculous, kid.

Great perspective...but you are letting the idiots off light. The actual force right now is about 1/4-1/5 that size right now...and also remember that you would not only have to search those 640 acres (or 1280, or 2560) aboveground, but also up to 100 feet belowground.