[MMO] Armored Warfare

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Excited about this and for $15 the artillery gameplay alone might bring me over from WOT into this.Not a fan of them in WOT and the Jingles recent Youtube video of Arty gameplay is pretty much worth watching and making up your mind.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Going to wait on this still. Not prepared to fork out cash for it as it stands.

One exclusive vehicle mentions a camoflage value... instant worry note there.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Any advantages to this over World of Tanks or War Thunder Ground Forces?

Possessed Freak

Diamond Member
Nov 4, 1999
Not a fan of founder's packs. I will wait this one out. It will have to be a vast improvement for me to jump from WoT to this. Arty has not bothered me in months in WoT. A reskin to modern tanks does not sway me. A healthy game population helps amazingly, something War Thunder never got.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Not a fan of founder's packs. I will wait this one out. It will have to be a vast improvement for me to jump from WoT to this. Arty has not bothered me in months in WoT. A reskin to modern tanks does not sway me. A healthy game population helps amazingly, something War Thunder never got.

Agreed. I got the email invite and immediately thought "no thamk you". If I have to pay to help the developer find bugs in their code I'll pass.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010

Yeah, I got screwed by Mechwarrior Online's founders pack. The game was great in alpha (minus bugs) and beta.

Currently the game is unplayable IMHO unless you dump quite a bit money into it. If you try to play without purchased gear/mechs, you just cannot compete.

With WoT on the other hand, you can easily play without premium ammo or tanks. In fact, I do. I have never fired a single gold round.

So will have to wait and see to get an idea as to how Armored Warfare plays without premium gear.

ginfest

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2000
They must have some issue with their website. I was in the closed Beta and definitely have an account. But I'm unable to get logged in to buy one of the packs!
The MY.com site login keeps erroring out with a "Internal Problems, try again later"
It's been like that the past few days for me.
Anyone else having issues?

Harabec

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2005
I'll say that given the dev team's past, I have a lot of faith in this. PGI\WG aren't in the same league as the guys who made PS:T and other great titles.

As opposed to WoT, which I have spent a lot of money on mostly because there weren't alternatives:
*A dev team that cares - take a look at the forums.
*Actual graphics with the Cryengine. This is one of my issues with WoT.
*A decent application of arty.

Can't say much more, of course - I'll have to see how it plays during EA and hope Obsidian does not do any crappy moves. So far they've done great things and have good ideas.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I'll say that given the dev team's past, I have a lot of faith in this. PGI\WG aren't in the same league as the guys who made PS:T and other great titles.

As opposed to WoT, which I have spent a lot of money on mostly because there weren't alternatives:
*A dev team that cares - take a look at the forums.
*Actual graphics with the Cryengine. This is one of my issues with WoT.
*A decent application of arty.

Can't say much more, of course - I'll have to see how it plays during EA and hope Obsidian does not do any crappy moves. So far they've done great things and have good ideas.

PS:T? As in Planescape? That wasn't made by obsidian (They didnt exist yet).

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Is this game more accessible than WoT?

Way to soon to tell.

But WoT is quite accessible. You can easily get to Tier 5 in a pretty short period of time with not a cent spent on the game. After T5, premium really comes in handy, which cost about 7 bucks a month (depending on if they have a sale) if you buy the bigger 180 or 365 day package. Gold ammo is not required, but does make your win rate go up.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Open beta for this starts today,at least for those who didn't purchase a Founders pack and i am enjoying it.Only have played co-op for the moment but its a blast.;)M113 is my favorite out of the 2 starter tanks.

Graphically it looks great but it does punish your system as expected from a game using Cryengine.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I find that the tanks in Armored Warfare are lacking the feel of real tanks. The tanks in Warthunder are far superior in that respect. The graphics are fantastic, but the feel is just not there.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Does this game have "gold" ammunition like WoT?

No, but the tanks have access to several kinds of shells. You will get AP, HE, maybe HEAT or something else type shells for each tank. Then you spend in game money or whatever its called and get various upgrades of AP, HE, or HEAT, etc., shells that do more damage and better penetration. Personally I like WoTs set up better. Its more smplistic. AW has a more in depth and complicated system. The learning curve to all the stuff AW has is higher than WoT. Of course AW tanks start from the '50s and go up and those tanks are more sophisticated in nature compared to the '30s, '40s, and early 50s in WoT.