Mmm, how do I prove to a teacher I wasn't changing answers after test was corrected?

Ricemarine

Lifer
Sep 10, 2004
Ok, so, as my transition from high school to community college life goes for dual credit (Im a junior in HS, taking CC classes for college and HS credit), for my pre calculus class, I found out a day ago that my answers were perfectly fine, and I got marked down for them ( I went over each problem solving why I got them wrong). Since I have a 59% on the test (all the other high school students taking the class also failed.), each percent matters. So in this case, I go up to the teacher after she handed them back a few days ago (Tuesday, I talked to her friday, or today.), and show her that my test was incorrectly graded. One of them she's willing to change, but the other she believes that I changed my answer after I received my test back because of eraser marks I made during the test. So now she's going to look with a magnifying glass to see if I "changed my answers."

The best thing to do in this situation was to check earlier and bring it up ASAP, but I didn't know if I was graded down by lack of showing work (which in the end the answer was just required.). So is there anything I can do besides hope that she'll give me the extra points I need to at least get a D?...

Cliffs:
I get half credit for work that doesn't require showing work, and I had the correct answers.
My teacher thinks I changed one of my answers after I received the test back.
Is going to look over my answer with a magnifying glass to see if I cheated.
What can I do?...

Ricemarine

Lifer
Sep 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Turin39789
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
use pen?

in the future use a pen.

In the meantime you will have to go to bed with the teacher, assuming you are over 18

Are pens really worth using later on?...
What happens if the pen was erasable?...

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
When I graded papers, I let the first time slide - I trusted the student. But, I made a deal that I would in exchange be able to photocopy all of the rest of that student's exams. Odd thing was that they would never came back for extra points again.

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
Hard to say. I was a grader and I brought up an issue when I thought a student changed his answers on an exam when asked for a re-grade. He ended up getting a 0 for the exam instead of the 30% that he earned.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
This reminds me of the clip in the Simpsons where Bart changes his F grade to an A. Lisa's comment to Bartholomew went something like this: "You got greedy Bar. Nobody's going to believe you got an A on that test. That F could have been easily changed to a B." The look on Bartman's face was PRICELESS!

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
use pen?

in the future use a pen.

In the meantime you will have to go to bed with the teacher, assuming you are over 18

if the teacher is a guy and the student is a guy too..does he get extra credit ?

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN
use pen?

in the future use a pen.

if the teacher is a guy and the student is a guy too..does he get extra credit ?

That would be up to the teacher

Ricemarine

Lifer
Sep 10, 2004
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN
use pen?

in the future use a pen.

That would be up to the teacher

You all are messed up :laugh:

funkymatt

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2005
Originally posted by: her209
This reminds me of the clip in the Simpsons where Bart changes his F grade to an A. Lisa's comment to Bartholomew went something like this: "You got greedy Bar. Nobody's going to believe you got an A on that test. That F could have been easily changed to a B." The look on Bartman's face was PRICELESS!

Homer said that.

if you're going to quote simpsons, get it right ;)

and it was D - to A +