MLB Trade deadline deals - Ponson to the Giants

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LostInNet

Aug 8, 2001
Originally posted by: coldcut
Sidney Ponson is overrated. He is Brady Anderson in disguise.

NO! We wanted Aaron Boone! Dodgers need offense!

Evans, make some move!

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! NOT ROBIN VENTURA!!! NO!!! WATCHING HIM PLAY IS LIKE WATCHING BENITEZ BLOW SAVES LEFT AND RIGHT! NOOO!!!

Damn, Billy Beane is the man! What a steal!

It's hopeless! All is lost~! All that can be done is watch the Dodgers struggle to stay in contention until September, and then fall off at the very end, as it has done for the past several years. :( Well, still hoping tho... Maybe if everyone in the team actually starting hitting up to their supposed potential, it might get a bit more exciting. But, the way they've been hitting lately, I doubt that'll ever happen.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
*sigh* I guess my hopes over all the Garcia for J.D. Drew rumors I've been hearing are gone :( Damnit M's! Just once I'd like to see us pull the trigger to fill one of our needs before the deadline. I guess Gillick doesn't belive in mid-year adjustments :confused:

Entity

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: flxnimprtmscl
*sigh* I guess my hopes over all the Garcia for J.D. Drew rumors I've been hearing are gone :( Damnit M's! Just once I'd like to see us pull the trigger to fill one of our needs before the deadline. I guess Gillick doesn't belive in mid-year adjustments :confused:

It's not Gillick; it's ownership. Look at what Gillick has done for other teams -- he's got a solid track record. This has been happening since long before 2000.

Rob